"Chapter 43" ✔️

Our precious and adorable Main Character, Ashley.

Also, just a little heads up, we're only a few chapters away until this book is finally done. So I hope you guys stick around till the finale.

Dedicated to Catherine981 and GretheBrndhagen for all the votes. I appreciate you two so, so much. Thank you again. Muahh. Much love.

Ariah's POV

It was weird to just be able to wake up. It was like I was just being born but at the same time, already acquiring all the knowledge I needed.

The moment I finally woken up for the first time and be able to see through my human's eyes, I was a little confused because of how unsettled he was. And when I was also finally able to feel what he was feeling, that's when I realized he was in distress.

The most dominant feeling out of all that he's having was fear. And since we pretty much share the same memories, I was quick to find out why he's scared. And in an instant, I knew I had to do something to at least ease my human up a bit. But I also knew it'll be a hard task seeing as it's going to be the first time he'll get to meet me. As much as I didn't want to freak him out, it's going to happen eventually after I get to introduce myself to him. So I just settled with just going with it.

And after finally, and successfully introducing myself to Ash, I thought it went pretty well, despite our current situation.

But even after all that, he was still very apprehensive. He's obviously scared that I could be Azrael's little trick. But I made sure to ease his raging thoughts out and told him what I am, and slowly, he calmed down a bit.

I was also kind of pleased with myself because I was able to show Ash how to shift to our wolf form. And after knowing he's very ecstatic realizing he can shift to a wolf, I was also very happy.

But apparently, our little 'get to know' moment was short-lived after a sudden commotion occurred just outside the door that was protecting us. And after a few convincing with Ash that I should take over to better protect him, he finally agreed.

I was only planning on having half the control, but when a rogue decided to attack us and Ash's past experiences flashed before my very eyes, that's when I knew I had to take full command of our body.

I was completely consumed with Ash's emotions that I just lost myself. I succumbed to extreme anger that I couldn't grow to care about who I killed and hurt as long as I was able to protect my human. And since we're obviously carrying our mate's pup, it only worsened everything.

I was only able to calm down a bit and give Ash control when I was sure there's no longer an imminent threat. And that was the moment we stumbled with Ash's ex-boyfriend, Connor, along with Ash's friend, Winter, as well a few unknown ones.

It was hard not to laugh a little at their faces when they saw us standing at the top of the stairs. The look of pure awe-struck of each face was very flattering but at the same time funny. What's even funnier was when Ash realized he was naked after we shifted back to human form. He kind of blamed me for not letting him know beforehand that he's gonna end up stark naked, but I didn't mind. I mean it was funny to have my human all flattered and embarrassed in front of the people we know, as well as to those we don't.

Thank the Goddess I didn't have to wear those weird clothing. They simply looked very uncomfortable. It's so much better when you're naked. But then again, Ash said being in human form and in wolf form is a totally different case, which kind of confuses me. I mean humans are animals too. They're the king and queens of the food chain but that doesn't mean they're no different than those below them. So why wear clothing when it's a naturality to be naked.