At Death's Door.

It was a silent night, no chattering from your neighbors or people walking by. There was only the sounds of crickets, and there was a hoot from an owl in the distance. That wasn't enough to wake you up, it was quite relaxing but you couldn't return to your slumber as a throbbing pain crossed your belly. Even your back's pain wasn't strong enough to cause any discomfort. The stomach pain had showed a few hours ago, but is was dull nothing too strong since you could fall sleep with it. However, it did not go away as you had hoped, it had been getting stronger.

Grunting, you sat up gritting your teeth as if would help ease the pain. Even if it was hurting badly, you didn't want to make a fuss about it. Maybe it was nothing serious, perhaps something you ate didn't sit well in your stomach. Taking a deep and long breath, you rose to your feet heading to the kitchen. As your feet moved across the wooden floor, it made a creaking sound. However, it wasn't loud enough to wake anyone up.

Perhaps a ginger tea would relieve the pain, which is the reason why you're heading to the kitchen. As you waited for the tea to get ready, you sat down on the chair as the pain intensified more. Once finished, you took the cup and headed back to your bed. You'll drink it once it is not hot enough to burn your mouth. It felt like an eternity for it to get a bit colder, but as you looked outside your window, you restrained a groan. It was getting lighter, meaning that it wouldn't take long for you to get ready and go to work. You didn't want to alert your parents of your discomfort, they'll probably get alarmed and make you stay home.

That thought encouraged you to take small sips of the tea, the fastest you drank it, the faster the pain would go away. Once the tea was finished, you placed the cup on the nightstand and lied down on the bed. Eventually, the pain dulled and your exhaustion allowed your body to relax and sleep for the remainder of the night.

"[Name]?" There was some shaking as someone called out your name. Your eyes opened, and you had to realize how dry your eyes were. Not only that, but also realize how tired you felt. "It's time to go to work, are you alright?"

There was concern as your mother noticed your slow movement as you sat up. Usually you wouldn't have any trouble to get ready, hell, you didn't need them to wake you up. "I'm fine, I'll be out in a sec." That was a lie, you didn't feel alright. The pain didn't disappear completely, it was there but it wasn't strong. However, there was another feeling in your belly, there was a feeling of disgust.

Eventually, you got ready and got to work. At first, you were fine, there was the feeling of tiredness which was probably fatigue from the lack of sleep. But by lunch time, you were in the middle of cleaning the floors when your sight blurred, and a wave of nausea stopped from scrubbing the floors.

Your parents weren't around, they had to make sure to finish their tasks. Goro however, had been walking by when he noticed your sudden stop. "Is everything alright?" If there was concern in his voice, you did not notice it. Your nausea was getting stronger, and you had to place your hand over your mouth.

"Probably something I ate, I'm a bit nauseous." But you hadn't eaten anything since this morning.

A giant wave of nausea rose from the pit of your stomach, and even if you felt dizzy as you stood up, you rushed to the bathroom. Goro followed, noticing your erratic movements. You emptied the contents of your stomach, which was only vile. There was some shuffling from behind you, Goro leaned against the wall of the restroom and waited with his arms across his chest. It took a few minutes for your stomach to settle, Goro helped you to your feet. "You should probably go home and rest, I'll take you."

You shook your head. "It's alright, I'm fine now."

"That's nonsense. If you're fine to walk on your own, you can go home while I tell the others." H pushed your form to the exit of the restroom. It didn't stop there, he accompanied to the exit of his home. You were not going to lie, you weren't feeling good.