Trust

"Thank you for allowing half of my people stay." After two weeks, your people were now safe. "I've already selected at least six groups that will help aid the injured. Three of the groups will go with your Shinobi while the other will assist the Leaf."

Gaara just watches you and although he wants to take part on the battlefield, he knows he has to stay in the village. "They will be protected as one of our own."

You're exhausted, but war doesn't wait for anyone. You're way behind already, the others have been fighting for weeks now. Raising to your feet, you need to head to the Leaf to personally thank Kakashi. "Thank you for all your help."

The red head stands to his feet as well, once you turn around to leave, he grabbed your hand and tugged you forward. Your head rested on his chest a few moments later. Your widened eyes relaxed, and a smile appeared on your face all the while you snake your arms around his torso. "Please be safe and come back to me alive."

Tightening your hold, you take a deep breath. "I will, don't worry." As you pull away, you offer one more smile."You too, be safe alright?"

With a nod, he finally let's you go. However as you leave, his heart aches as the thought of you being in danger. He only wishes that you'll be safe.

That sweet scene didn't go unnoticed by the males. Each and one of them sent Gaara glares but the Kazekage simply ignored them.

Not even a minute is wasted as you begin the journey to the Leaf. The reason why you didn't allow Goro to transport you all is simply so that he can keep his energy and once on the way back, you really want to get there as possible. Besides, the amount of people to transport there is of twenty five people plus you guys.

A few days later, you feel so damn tired. All the sleepless nights, stress is catching up with you. The others know how you feel, and although they offered to carry you to the Leaf, you simply hissed at them and refusing.

"You look really tired." The gray haired man states as he watches you closely.

Your tired looking eyes trailed back to him. "The whole process wasn't easy." You declare restraining a yawn. "If you don't mind, I'll stay for the night to rest. As much as I want to aid the rest, the others need rest as well. Tomorrow I'll depart."

It's so painful to watch you look so fragile and exposed. You always look so confident and so strong but with your hunched form, you look like any other human being that has weaknesses. That's a price that all types of leaders must face, but you had been thrown into leading people without having any knowledge of it. However, that's what makes it so surprising. You managed to do so much for the village in just a year.

"Take your time, I'll arrange everything." Taking a deep and very long breath, you stand to your feet. Once in your feet, you walk forward and extend your hand.

"Thank you for everything, really." With a smile you grasp tightly his hand.

He too looks tired, but unlike like you, it is very visible on the only visible eye. There is a very dark circle under it, and there might be another on the other eye. Curious, you keep staring at him wondering why he wears that mask. "Is something the matter?"

Shaking your head, you still keep staring at him."I know it's not the time to be curious but," tilting your head and trailing your eyes over every single feature of his face you continue, "why do you wear that?"

His eyes widened and unconsciously his hand touched his face. "Why would..."

Realizing that perhaps it's something that he doesn't want to talk about, you wave your hand. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have. I'll retire for now."

However, you wanting to know makes him more that surprised. But as you give him your back. "Wait." Not many have seen his face only a few. But you began to walk away, something awoke in him.

As you turned around, his fingers began to curl at the edge of the mask and he could see your eyes widening. Once he began to lower the fabric, your eyes never unglued from his face and...He liked that feeling.

Eventually his whole face was naked for your eyes to see. Your mouth hanged open in shock. If he wasn't wrong, a tint of pink dust covered your cheeks but you cleared your throat trying to get rid of it. Perhaps it's not the time but he wanted to show you. Your feet began to drag you back to him, and eventually you were leaning forward some of your weight supported by his desk. A hand began to rise and your finger trailed his skin, your touch felt so calming and relaxing. Within that moment all his stress and worry dissapears but all good things come to an end. "Sorry...." Removing your hand from his face, you apologize. "Wow... You're..." Who could have thought that the Hokage was this good looking. He said nothing and just watched you how amazed you looked. "Jeez, if women saw your face you'll have lines of women wanting your attention." He heard you say, and although beauty meant nothing to him, just hearing you say that compliment made his heart pound more than it should. But...He doesn't want alone of women, just one.

Unfortunately the moment was ruined the moment someone knocked on the door. Just as your eyes trailed back to the door, once you turned around, Kakashi was already wearing the mask. With a sigh, you smile. "I should really go now."

With that, you rely exit this time leaving a happy Hokage inside that room. "Should we get going?" Kabuto asked getting closer to you.

"We're staying for the night, we should all get some rest. But..." Just as you paused, your stomach grumbles. "Let's get something to eat." Walking to the ramen stand, you call out.

There's a war waiting for all of you, you all will need all the energy.