Love?

Time flew faster than you could have imagined, almost another year paased.Living with Itachi and the other males turned out to be harder than you expected. Gaara upon being notified about the situation agreed to provide housing arrangements for all of them, but if course they refused.

As for those of Konoha, they visited whenever they could. Even Kakashi made sure to visit once in a while when he had to discuss a few things with the Kazekage. You of course visited Konoha as well. Despite being informed of the well being of your parents, you still wanted to see them.

On your first visit you really realized why they wanted to be left alone. They were happy, and as much as it pained you not to be able to hug them, you understood.

There's another person to make sure to hang around when ever you visited, well aside from your friends, Iruka. Despite his busy schedule as a teacher, he made sure to stick around.

For once you felt happy and relieved of not having to worry about anything. However as much as everything looks too good, there are certain things that have been bugging you. The relationship between Goro and the Uchiha brothers wasn't great, whenever they had to tolerate their presence, it only consisted of glares.

As for what you have done during this time, you now work at the hospital. They aren't capacitated to deal with lethal wounds or diseases so that's where you came in. You aren't required to go to missions since you're not a Kunoichi, so you are free to help whomever needs your help. It felt satisfying to know that you're able to help others, to save lives. And even the civilians came to love you, in a sense. It didn't help that Gaara would visit often, so those bad murmurs now were positive.

"Is that going to be all [Name]?" Blinking a few times, your eyes set on the woman. With a smile you nodded paying for the vegetables and some fruits.

"Yeah, that's all. Thanks." With everything that you needed at hand, you decided to head back home.

However a hooded figure blocked your path. The person's chakra could not be detected and you knew why. "Follow me."

Shock, it should be there but you knew it would happen sooner or later. Looking around, you then followed the male. You both came to an empty location away from the ears of others. "You sure are risking your life by coming here."

He lifted his hood to show the person hiding behind it. A smile appeared on his face. "Well, it's nice to see you too."

"What are you doing here?" You asked wanting to just move on.

A bag has been hanging at his hip, he untied it. "Tell me, how has your chakra been acting?"

A deep frown set on your features. "With the pills, it has been controlled. But I'm almost out of them."

He laughed. "Here, these are new. I have been working on them." His hand reached into the bag and from it, he showed you a small glass tube. "Unlike those pills, this liquid will not only control it, but it will eventually allow your body to recognize as a part of it."

You grabbed the offered tube and you looked at it, it's color matches the same as said chakra. "Why are you still helping me." Oh you didn't ask, you demand an answer.

His eyes narrowed."Aren't you satisfied with what I told you?"

"No." Giving him back the tube, you glared at him. "What's you game?"

Anger flashed through his eyes. "Do you wish to die then?"

"Of course I don't, but what really motivates you to help me." You growled stepping forward.

He ran his fingers through his hair as a long sigh escaped his lips. "What can I expect after knowing you for years." He began. "But I'm not obligated to respond to your questions. Now listen," he grabbed the bag too your hand and placed the tried on your hand. "If I were you, I would open my ears. There's trouble brewing on the north and it won't take long before it reaches you."