Itachi's Ending Part#2

Three long months passed by, never had he thought that finding you would be so difficult. As an Akatsuki member he was given tasks to find certain people and he never encountered a problem in finding them, but as he searches for your whereabouts, you turned out to be one sneaky woman. 

Even if he had informants didn't make the task any easier. Apparently whenever you arrived at a certain Village, you'll change your attire. His non-ending search took him way longer than expected, and thus, not even a break he took as too much time had taken him to get this far.

To think that not even as an Akatsuki member he worked as hard as this to find someone, and this certain someone that would bring happiness to his younger brother. It was selfish to think in such a way, as if you were a gift to make up for all the pain that he caused Sasuke. That pain was something that didn't make him happy, but what he did was only so that Sasuke could become stronger. Now though, now he could return a little of happiness to his brother, even if it meant that he would sacrifice his own. 

What did he accomplish in this three months? Only that you had been spotted in the next village but that was nearly a month ago, if so the chances of you staying there were close to zero. But once he arrived, he was met with the same thing, you had already left. Though, it was amazing that his informants were able to find such information, if those chasing you knew that information, you would be captured. That of course relied heavily in the fact whether you fought back or not. So that only drove him to speed up his pace, leaving close to no sleep time or even eat. He knew of the damage he would bring to his body, and he knew that if something were to happen to him, he would come to accomplish nothing. But how could he just sleep when he knew that you could be in danger? 

Perhaps his body wasn't in the best of conditions, but it was worth since he arrived where he had been informed where you would be. The village was small and not well know, which was a great place to hide for the time being. Despite the fatigue and weakness of his body, his heart fluttered as the thought of watching you once more. 

In an instant he headed to the inn where you were staying in and as his gaze landed on the door of your room, he took a moment to compose himself. His feet stopped in front of the door and knocked once but when he heard some shuffling, he made sure to show his chakra signature to allow you to know who was the visitor. There was a moment of silence before the door knob began to twist, when it was fully opened, you stood in front of him looking entirely different. But he knew it was you, despite having to mask your own chakra signature. Those gentle and kind eyes gazed upon him, making his chest tightened. "What...Are you doing here?" He could hear some hesitation before you did anything, however when you took in his form, your eyes softened and pulled him to your body.

Oh how he yearned for your touch, to feel your heartbeat against his own as you trapped him in your arms. His arms immediately returned the action, he savored the moment unwilling to let go but when the image of his brother flashed in front of his eyes, he pulled away. "I have come to retrieve you." 

With a frown, you watched him before you pulled him inside the room and then shutting the room. As soon as you both were inside, you crossed your arms across your chest. "How did you find me?" 

Of course you would be surprised, he knew where you staying. "My informants." Even if you waited for him to elaborate more, you simply sighed shaking your head. 

"Itachi, you have no idea how happy it makes me to see you." Why did you have such an effect on him, those words almost made him regret coming to bring you to his brother and just make him stay at your side. "But I will not return."

His black eyes didn't want to miss any of your features, he just wanted to stand there and observe you. "Please," he began feeling his heart twist in pain, "Sasuke needs you."

Raising an eyebrow, you decided to take a seat and offered him one as well. "He doesn't, I know how he feels about me." That caught him by surprise a little. "He made it clear." as sensing the question you added. "I do care for him but not he wants me to, and even if I returned I don't think I would return the feeling that he wants from me."

This time, he frowned. "Falling in love takes time, although he appears to be cold, he truly loves you. I shouldn't be the one to say this, but please give him an opportunity to earn your feelings."

A sad look crossed your features knowing that he was doing that to make his brother happy. "It amazes me that you were willing to search for me just so that your brother could be happy." But was it really just his brother? "But like I said, I won't go back now. Even if you took me there by force, I'll eventually leave." 

Looking down with a scowl, he said nothing more. What would he tell his brother? That he failed to bring you back? Unlike the people the he had abducted someone before, you could not be imprisoned even if it meant that Sasuke could have you at your side. No, he deeply cared for you to take away your freedom, and you wouldn't be an easy one to abduct. 

"I'm sorry you came all the way here for that, I'm certain your brother will understand." Standing to your feet, you studied him once more and frowned. He looked so weak, and only to find you. It was touching, it was, you just wished that he had done it because he wanted not just for his brother. "If you intend to return to the Leaf Village, wait until you recuperate. For the time being, take some rest while I go and fetch you something to eat." His facial expression alerted you that he was about to protest. "And I am not asking." With that, you grabbed the keys and headed towards the door. 

He was left alone with his thoughts. Perhaps all he needed was time to convince you, to convince you that you had others that were willing to protect you. Then, maybe you'll decide to return with him. With that in mind, he rose to his feet and headed to your bed where he plopped down. He could smell the scent of [favorite shampoo] on the pillow, it was soothing and calming. Without noticing, his eyes began to close as your scent filled his nose. 

There was one thought that occupied his mind as he drifted off to sleep. What if that time only pushed him to love you more and forget the main reason as to why he came to find you? That very same thought dissapeared as soon as his mind completely shut down.