Goro's Ending Part#2

You froze in place, he could watch how tense you seemed to be. Then he watched as you simply paid the merchant and turned around.Those eyes of yours seemed to glare at him, and without responding to his calling, started to walk.

Without any hesitation, he followed, and you made no attempt to stop him which only increased his hopes. Eventually, you both came to stop in front of an inn, and then continued to enter the building. His heart skipped a beat as you opened the door and allowed him to enter. 

When the door was shut, he could see different types of emotions. Anger flashed through your eyes, then as he just watched, twitching in anticipation, they softened. With a sigh, your hand reached for the mask and pulled it down. Once your face was visible, Goro lost no time and rushed in front of you. His arms brought you closer to his body, you could feel his heartbeat against your chest, it was beating uncontrollably. "Hey, calm down." Patting his back in a conforting manner, you tried to call him down but his hold tightened.

Maybe you had been too selfish to leave so sudden, but you knew you had to. If only he had accepted your decision and live his own life, but here he is. By the way he looked, he hadn't taken care of himself. Upon that observation, something inside you snapped and it was now you who wrapped your arms around the male tighter. You had been taking him for granted, you have not realized of what an amazing man Goro is. "I'm sorry​ to cause you so much pain." As you uttered those words, your throat tighten a little. 

He hesitated before he pulled away, but it was then that you saw the trails of his own tears. "You're an idiot, you know that?" He then returned to his previous position, as if realizing that you might dissapear, grasped your face in his hands and kissed you. 

His lips danced across your own trembling, and although he had told you how he felt about you, you have never really felt the same. Of course you love him, he is your amazing friend, but love him as something else? But...How could you at least not try when he was pouring all of his emotions into that kiss? Besides, he was the first person that stole your first kiss. Before he pulled away, your lips tried their best to move along with his. He seemed surprised, his body stopped for a moment but he resumed his action. Unlike earlier, now his kiss was softer and gentler. 

Unlike you, he needed oxygen sooner​ than you so he pulled away but only to grasp your hands in his. "I am glad that I found you." He paused for a moment, and then a determined look adorned his eyes. "Please, I told you before and I will tell you once more, I love you. I know you don't feel the same way, just give me an opportunity."

A frown replaced the soft tones on your face, if you do, you'll be risking his life but it will happen either way. How? If he was brave enough to find you, hell continue to follow you so it would be the same. Taking some air and then letting it out, your face softened. "I can try." 

"And that's good enough for me." With a content smile, he embraced you and kissing you once more. 

It probably won't be easy, especially since you're always alert. Honestly, if you think about it, a part of you tells you that your choice isn't the best since you already have your platter full as it is. But...Would you really want to spend the rest of your life alone? No, you don't. 

But before you keep thinking to yourself, you need to ask him how everybody is doing. For all these months, you have been tortured by not knowing about their well being. Goro, upon noticing your frown, a serious tone of his face took place. "Is something wrong?"

"Actually..." You began. "How...Is everyone?" 

"That's right, you might have been worried." With his fingers, he caressed your cheeks. "Don't worry, they were injured but nothing fatal." But then he remembered something that, as much as he would like to hide, he knew it had to be said. "Listen, as much as it pains me to tell you, you must know." Glaring to the side, his veins boiled with anger. "When the war was over Madara, Izuna and Obito were defeated. But when we recovered their bodies, they disappeared."

Your eyes widened in slight panic. "They might be alive?"

"I doubt it. They were dead, we are unsure what happened but they are gone. So there is no need to worry. Besides, now I am here to protect you." As if to emphasize his point, he embraced you once again.

Your body shook a little, a new seed of doubt buried in your conscience. What if they really are alive? No matter, you'll hide, and you now have Goro at your side. "I know, thank you." Now, with something more serious, you knew you had to move out. "Goro, just before you arrived, I was about to leave." He tried to open his mouth to speak, but you continued. "There are others looking for me and before they catch up with me, we must flee."

"Who?!" He growled. 

Shaking your head, you walked away trying to gather your stuff. "Just some people, but they have no idea of where I am which is why I keep moving."

With that, the male helped you gather your things and before you both stepped out of the room, you covered your face. The male grasped your hand in his, like a couple, as you both walked out and stepping into your own journey.

The journey won't be easy, but, as your eyes shifted towards Goro, maybe not too bad.