Kill or be Killed

Rotten smell traveled the area, even if it was a mile away the smell was too strong. What smell was it? Of course, it was the smell of rotten flesh, but not just any flesh, human flesh. Raising your eyes to the sky, you could spot vultures circling the sky, waiting, almost smelling the scent of death. However, when you began to get closer, there were areas with bodies everywhere, some were missing body parts while there were other bodies being eaten by animals. The ground, it was tainted dark, which was dried blood.

Although the state of the bodies looked as if it had been days since they had battled, some held the symbols of their village, while others had no sign of where they belonged. Placing your hand on your mouth and nose as a wave of the rancid smell penetrated your nose and even mouth, you looked around with a perturbed expression. You’ve participated in a battle before, but you didn’t get to witness such a sight. How you wished to be able to stay and do something for their bodies before they were disfigured and unrecognizable for their families but you had the priority to join the battle. Offering another glance at the piles of bodies, you hurried your journey already feeling how your stomach twisted in disgust.

Once you were close enough, you came to stand on a cliff where you were given a clear view of the battle that was somehow in pause, below you. A vast amount of ground was covered with Shinobi/Kunoichi and the enemy. Narrowing your eyes as your gaze landed on Madara, you decided to act at once. Your eyes didn’t even register how high it was from the cliff, you simply jumped from it and once you landed, a groan of pain left your lips as your feet shattered as they touched the ground. As your gaze traveled to your legs, you could see bones sticking out of your flesh but it was not issue. What you did was only to return those bones back to their place and in an instant, your feet were ready to take you toward the battle.

The sight you witnessed before left your mind as a new rush of adrenaline invaded your being. Searching for a pair of Kunai, you hardened your eyes as you rushed toward the enemy. As before, the enemy were not as experienced, nor as powerful as they used to be and it was because they no longer possessed the ability to heal themselves. As you hated to attack while they weren’t facing you, you pushed your prided to the back of your mind and slashed and fought your way toward Kages who were facing Madara, Obito, Izuna and Kira as if they were discussing. Perhaps they were too focused in their discussion since they had yet to distinguish your chakra signature. But the eyes of Naruto traveled to your form as you had made a path for yourself.

Even if you decided to attack Madara and the others, they had been warned about your presence and they weren’t easy to defeat. So instead, you opted to head to the left side and jump, landing in front of Naruto in a crouched position. Grasping the handles of the Kunai, you rose to your feet and faced the blond male offering a smile to the male when he showed surprise in his eyes. Your gaze turned to those behind the Kages, noticing your friends’ shocked expressions. In order, not to block Naruto’s sight, you started to walk forward but a hand took a hold of your arm, when your eye traveled to the owner of said hand, the green eyes of Gaara greeted yours. He shook his head as if telling you to stay, which you did by standing between Naruto and Gaara.

Madara, even as he faced you, he held that neutral gaze while Izuna’s looked a little different. He seemed as if he wanted to keep an uninterested gaze, but you knew better, he was surprised to see you here. “Do you think we’re going to let you continue with this slaughtering? You are dead wrong, we’ll put a stop to this.” Naruto broke the silence and continued the topic that your arrival had stopped.

There was nothing said from Madara as he stood there with his arms across his chest, not showing any sort of fear. Kira watched you from his position with a hardened look on him but there was a hint of uncertainty in them, as if worried about something. That something was confirmed when his eyes traveled to Madara.

Narrowing your eyes, you shifted your sight from Madara to Kira knowing what was his fear. You knew that as soon as Madara won the war, if he did, Kira would kill the brothers and ‘control’ the world. From what you have seen, even Madara was blind enough as to trust the male, or at least he pretended that he did. If that was true, then Kira’s goal wouldn’t be too difficult to accomplish if the war was won by Madara.

Just as if hearing you imagining his name, Madara began to attack, almost attacking Naruto if it weren’t for the Shinobi to step forward and attack back. You all took the opportunity to jump back and get away from the hot spot, to plan. “It’s so good to see you.” Without restraining himself, and out of the blue, Naruto crushed you into his arms ignoring the other Kages.

Slowly, you trailed your arms and returned the embrace. “I’m happy to see you too, but I don’t think it’s the right time Naruto.” Pulling away, you hardened your expression as disapproving expressions were given to you.

The Kages began to discuss for battle strategies, you decided to step aside and let them deal with it. You had no part in it, so you walked further back and even passing by your friends. They made no attempt to speak approach, their gazes were occupied by the challenge that all of you were about to take.

The only ones willing to approach you were Goro and Kabuto, Goro taking you into a hug right away. “Idiot.” That was the only thing he said as he tightened his hold on you, as if he wouldn’t see you in a while again.

“I’m sorry.” Returning the affection, you apologized.

“Fool, why are you apologizing?” Pulling away, he frowned. “Why…How did…”

By the way his voice trembled, he couldn’t ask the correct questions but you had a hunch that it had to do with how Madara managed to just implement those false memories.  

“I was weak,” you began sending a glare to Kira, “and he took advantage of it. The rest, you already know.”

“There’s something that I cannot understand. With Madara’s former body, he would have been able to conquer in battle, not it is much easier to defeat him.” Kabuto questioned.

“He loves to fight and in his former body, he wouldn’t have been to experience the battle. As for his brother, I’m rather curious why he is here. From what Marada told me, he wants him alive.” If there was more that you could tell them, but there wasn’t anything else to say. Even if you told them about Kira, that would help them at all. Besides, Kira is yours to kill and no one is going to take that away from you.