Deathly Serious

Lisbeth spent the whole of breakfast terrified of the green-haired man across from her. His eyes stayed mostly on Harley but would occasionally travel to her, the ice blue lakes boring into her mind. Whenever he randomly let out one of his maniacal laughs, she would visibly tremble, which made him only laugh more.

She dealt with the worst of the worst at Belle Reve but for some reason she could act normally with her prisoner patients; she could understand them. This man, though, she could not read at all. He was pure craziness wrapped up in a chiseled white body of tattoos.

Harley adored him though, so their must be something to him, she thought.

After breakfast Joker stood up and looked to Lisbeth.

"Well, Nursey, I must steal my queen away. We have mayhem and destruction to plot." He laughed as he extended a hand to Harley. Harley just crossed her arms and pouted.

"Puddin' as much as I love the mayhem and the destruction, I just wanted to spend my day here, relaxing. I did just get out of prison..." she looked up at him with puppy dog eyes.

Joker did not seem swayed. "I broke you out for a reason, baby. I needed my right hand woman. And what are you talking about....relaxing?? Harley Quinn has never been concerned about relaxing before." He sneered and pulled her up by her wrist.

"Well, Mister J...maybe I have changed since you seen me last..." Harley said in a strong voice, but made to attempt to pull her wrist away.

"What are you talking about?? I created you! You do not just change!"

Harley just glared at the man in front of her, while he stared right back-a struggle of power happening above the breakfast table.

Lisbeth watched this whole exchange with fear in her eyes. She did not know what this man would do. He was unpredictable and she feared for Harley. She could see the moment, though that Harley's face softened.

"You're right, Puddin'. You did create me and you know me better than anyone. I would get bored-let's go cause some chaos!" She gave home a passionate kiss, which caused Lisbeth to turn her head, secretly wishing she had someone to kiss her that passionately.

She turned her head back to find both of them
looking at her; Harley with a big smile and Joker with an emotionless expression.

"Ummm..." she started, "I guess I will just..."

Harley laughed while Joker walked closer to her, enjoying how his mere proximity to the small blonde made her quake in fear and her eyes get glassy.

"You, little one, will stay here. No leaving the property." With that he stalked out of the room.

Harley wrapped her arm around Lisbeth's shoulders and pulled her close.
"Mistah J gets a little intense, don't pay him any mind Nurse L! Why don't you just go spend the day in my room; watch a little tv, take a bubble bath, pamper yourself....everything I wanted to do." She growled in a lower voice.

With a sigh and small smile, Harley left Lisbeth.

Lisbeth let herself fall backwards into one of the chairs, resting her elbows on the table and resting her head face down in her arms.

A few seconds later she heard someone clear their throat across the room. She shot her head up, her eyes wide until she noticed it was just coming from Jonny, who stood next to the open kitchen door.

She heavily laid her head on her open palm.
"For Christ's sake, Jonny, are you always creeping around??" She said in a tired voice.
Her face turned red as soon as it came out of her mouth and Jonny smirked.

"I am so sorry! That didn't come out like I intended it to..."

Jonny just chuckled, "No worries, my lady, I am always around; it is my job."

Lisbeth grimaced at his use of 'my lady.'

"He couldn't be serious about using that name for me, right?"

"Oh, my lady, he may be the Joker, but he was deathly serious about that."

Lisbeth let out a little sigh.

"Now, my lady, let me show you back to Harley's room. I am sure you could use some rest." Lisbeth silently stood up and followed him up the stairs. She did think some rest definitely couldn't hurt.

A/N Next chapter we are going to delve into Lisbeth's past-find out what demons she is trying to silence ✌️️