You're My Weakness

A/N Thank you so much for your patience my loves💖 I am back home now and excited to write again!

Jonny walked slowly back to his apartment; his leg aching with each step. Though his leg hurt, he was in high spirits. He had fucked up and he was going to make it right. He was going to be the one who brought Dig to Joker and Lisbeth. He would make it right with both of them.

He stepped out of the elevator and walked over to his door, surprised to find it ajar. He pulled out his gun and walked quietly over, slowly pushing the door open. He put his gun up, pointing it at the shadow in the corner of his living room. He silently made his way over towards the man standing to the window, his back to Jonny. When he was a few feet away, he stood up straight, the gun still pointed at the man.

"Who are you and what the fuck are you doing
in my apartment?" He yelled as the man turned around quickly, a terrified look gracing his face.

Jonny let out an angry growl before holstering his gun and walking over to the man, grabbing him by the collar.

"What the hell do you think you are doing, Brandon? Coming into my apartment and standing here in the dark; I could have shot you! You could be dead!"

Hatter let a sheepish grin replace the terror on his face. "Sorry, bro. It is important!"

His smile faded though as he took in the large bandage on his brother's leg. "What happened to you?"

Jonny let out a sigh. "Joker. He found out I kissed Lisbeth." He watched his brother's face slowly change from shock to anger.

"You did what?"

"It was a mistake, Brandon. I promise. She just...I just wanted to comfort her."

"That's how you comfort women who have just been raped?"

Jonny fell heavily onto the couch, his head falling into his hands. "I know; I know. I don't know why I did it. It was an idiotic move."

Brandon's face softened as he walked behind the couch and put his hand gently on his brother's shoulder. "I know you would never hurt her on purpose. And...you've gotta get back to the house...now."

Jonny stood up quickly, turning around.

"What's wrong?"

"Boss is losing it big time. He wants you back there."

Jonny hurried to the door, motioning Brandon to follow him. "We had better get back then. Come on!"

Jonny and Brandon sped through the streets of Gotham, arriving at Joker's mansion in record time. They rushed into the house and made their way up to J's bedroom, both of them frozen in shock when they observed the scene before them.

Joker sat on a pile of pillows, his eyes closed and his face pale. Lisbeth sat next to him, her face full of concern as she stroked his face. The Doc stood next to the bed, wrapping gauze around a bloody wound on J's arm.

Jonny, stepped forward, a worried look on his face. "Boss! What happened?"

Joker let out a weak laugh as he looked at Jonny then turned his eyes to the girl next to him. "My lady got a little angry at me."
His laugh became louder as he put his hand up to Lisbeth's face. She smiled down on him, amused by the shock she saw on Jonny's and Hatter's face over the lie.

Joker had not wanted anyone to know what had really happened; scared to appear weak. Lisbeth was more than glad to take the blame because it was actually all her fault. Her emotions balanced delicately on the line between glee by realizing how important she still was to J, and guilt for making him weak.

She loved him and she would do anything for him.

She turned her gaze to the brothers standing next to the door. "I feel horrible. I am so bad with guns. I didn't mean for it to go off. I didn't want to shoot him." She brought her lips down to J's cheek.

J turned his gaze back to Jonny, beckoning him over to the bed.

"You're back."

"Yes...Hatter said you wanted me back...."

Joker sighed, closing his eyes and leaning back against the pillow.

"You betrayed me..."

"Yes, I did. It was the worst thing I could do. I sincerely apologize. It will never happen again. I promise."

"It had better not. If anything like that happens again, you will be dead."

"I know."

J opened his eyes and looked back at his right-hand man. "But the truth is, I need you here. So please don't fuck up again."

"I won't."

J grinned. "Happy to have you back, Frosty."

"Glad to be back. And boss..." Jonny couldn't help but smile. "I come bearing gifts."

"Yes?"

"Dig's location and the assistance of his wife."

Joker's head rolled back in laughter.

"Oh Jonny Boy! You are forgiven!"