Let's Save Each Other

A/N It is Christmas Eve here in Japan and I wanted to give all my lovelies an early present. No matter what holiday you celebrate this time of year, I appreciate and love you all and wish you so much happiness.
Happy Holidays!!😍😍😍😍

Harley walked into the dining room to find Joker and Lisbeth sitting side-by-side eating breakfast and reading; J had his newspaper and Lisbeth, her novel. Harley felt a quick pang of sadness; they looked so right together. But then she looked harder and saw Her Nursey's scars peaking out from under her sleeves. She couldn't let this one perfect scene distract from the whole tragic movie of Lisbeth's life since she got here.

Harley stepped further into the room, "Good Morning!" She called in a sing-song voice. Joker and Lisbeth both looked up, a big smile painting Lisbeth's face. "Good morning, Harley!"

Harley went and sat next to Lisbeth, giving her Nursey a gentle hug, "You are looking so much better this morning."

"Thank you; I am feeling much better."

"Baby?" J said to Harley, not taking his eyes off the newspaper.

"Yea, Puddin?"

"We have a boat heist tonight. I need you to be there."

Lisbeth looked at her and smiled, "It's with Dig."

A/N I had one of my awesome readers (Sasakure 💖💖) ask about how I envisioned Dig's looks and I actually modeled him after one of my favorite Models Ferran Calderon. So here is a little Christmas Present for you: One of the most beautiful men alive: Dig (aka Ferran)!

Joker let out a light laugh and ran a hand lightly through her hair, "One present, doll, and you are smitten with him?"

Lisbeth gave J a smile that Harley could only describe as one of pure love and devotion. "Of course not daddy; you are the only man I will ever be smitten with."

J laughed again as Jonny walked into the room and stood by the door. Joker glanced at Jonny before standing up. "If you will excuse me for a minute ladies." He walked over to Jonny and they started whispering about something. Harley thought this might be her only chance. She bent down to make it look like she was looking at Lisbeth's book. She moved her head slightly so Jonny and Joker wouldn't see her lips moving.

"I need you to listen to me carefully, darling and I need you to trust me. Mistah J is going to have a meeting with Jonny and I this afternoon, I am sure, about the boat heist. My guess is he going to want you there, sitting, looking all pretty for him. I need you to act faint during the meeting; insist you need to go rest. Do you understand?"

Lisbeth hated deceiving her daddy but she trusted Harley with all her heart. She nodded her head slightly. Harley smiled and moved away as J walked back to the table.

"Harls, meeting in my office at 2. We will go over final plans. Now if you will excuse us," he held out a hand to Lisbeth who took it and stood up, " Nursey here needs to rest."

Lisbeth gave a small wave to Harley as they left the room.

~~~~~~~~~~Later that Afternoon~~~~~~~~

Harley rushed up to J's office, already running late for the meeting. She opened the door to find J and Jonny looking over something on the computer while Lisbeth sat on a chair in the corner, gazing out the window.

"Nice of you to join us!" Joker sneered, looking up from the computer. Harley gave him a small pout and walked over to the computer.

"Sorry, Puddin'" she murmured looking at the plans on the computer. Joker just glared and kept talking about the details of the robbery, he had received from Dig. After about 20 minutes a small voice had all three of them turning towards the window.

Lisbeth was standing in front of the chair, her whole body trembling and her eyes wide. "Daddy, I don't feel so well." She whispered before she collapsed to the ground. All three people around the computer rushed to her side, J reaching her first.

"Baby? Baby?" He said patting her cheeks. Lisbeth slowly opened her eyes. She gave a small smile to J.

"I'm so sorry Daddy. I just feel a little woozy. May I go lay down for awhile?"

"Of course." Joker said, going to pick her up. Harley put out a hand to stop him.

"Puddin', this job tonight is important, you and Jonny need to finish the plan. Let me take her to bed and get her settled, then you can fill me in later."

J gave her a sideways glance, knowing that she was right. "Ok. Please make sure she gets anything she needs." He stood up and turned towards the door. "Hatter! Carry the lady to my bedroom and help Harley get her comfortable."

Harley had to keep herself from smiling; this was going perfectly.

Hatter rushed in and picked up Lisbeth gently before following Harley out of the room and down the hall to the bedroom. Harley closed the door after Hatter had walked in and put Lisbeth on the bed.

Lisbeth looked down at her hands, frowning.
"I really don't like deceiving daddy..."

Hatter surprised both ladies when he rushed forward and held Lisbeth tightly in his arms. "Lisbeth! No! Don't worry about his feelings; he certainly doesn't care about yours."

Harley gently pulled him off her while Lisbeth started crying. "Brandon, please don't...I...I love him. So I have to care a about what I do to him."

Hatter gave Harley an exasperated look as Harley went to the bed, kneeling in front of Lisbeth and taking her hands. "You trust me, right?"

Lisbeth hesitantly nodded.

"You and I are leaving tonight and we are never coming back."

Lisbeth looked at her in shock before quickly shaking her head, "No, Harley, I won't do it. I won't leave him!" Harley quickly shushed her as her voice became louder.

"Lisbeth! You said you trust me," she whispered, "You need to trust me now!" She yanked up the arms of Lisbeth's sweatshirt pushing her wrists in her face, forcing her to look at the cuts. "Look! This is what this house has done to you! Not to mention the bruises gracing your body; bruises he gave you!
I understand your feelings; I used to be obsessed with him too, but it is for the best."

Lisbeth was surprised to see tears running down Harley's face. "Please, Nursey, please! I need you; let's save each other."

Lisbeth looked over at Hatter who was looking at the two girls with tears in his eyes. She didn't want to leave; she loved J, she needed him.

But Harley was right; her body was battered from J and from herself. How long would it be before she did something so bad that he would hurt her until she didn't wake up.

She looked at Harley again; the need and love in her eyes...she couldn't believe she was doing this but she nodded her head, "Yes, I will go with you."

Harley took her in her arms and pulled her as close as she could to her. She motioned Hatter over to them and added him to their circle.

"Ok, kids; here is the plan....."