Deja Vu

A/N Please thank my toddler for deciding sleep is overrated tonight so he should just sit up and play and let mommy edit her next chapter so all her awesome readers get two updates in 5 hours!!! 😈👶🏼😰😭

Joker sat in his office across from Dig. The clock read 2 am and they had just gotten back from a very successful job which had been very financially beneficial for both. They both sat with a stiff drink in their hand, pleased with their work.

"I must say, J, we work well together." laughed Dig. Joker smiled, "That we do!" He cackled back, before looking at his right-hand man who had just entered the room.

"Frosty, go tell Harley I would like her here. Now." Jonny nodded and left.

"Ahh yes," Dig smiled, "Where was our queen of chaos tonight?"

Joker frowned, taking a long swig of his whiskey. "Harley would not have been useful to us tonight; her mind was on other matters." He gritted his teeth. Dig gave a confused look as Harley came into the room. She looked exhausted to Dig and not at all like the Harley he was used to seeing.

She walked over next to J. As much as she would just like to stand in the doorway and tell him to go fuck himself; she knew better than to disrespect him in front of Dig.

"Good Evening, Dig." She gave a small smile. He nodded and smiled back.

"You needed me, Mistah J?"

"How's the patient doing?"

"She is fine. Still sleeping but getting some color back in her cheeks."

"Good. Stay with her until I finish up."

She nodded. "Good night, gentlemen." Harley left the room quickly.

"Please enlighten me J. Who is this patient that has Ms. Harley looking so sad."

J looked into his drink. "Lisbeth." he said shortly.

"The nurse?"

J just nodded. Staring right into Dig's eyes, he finished off his drink. "She slit her wrists this morning."

Dig just shook his head sadly. "That is a shame J, but don't take it too hard; I have had a few ladies do that. You are used to the strength of your Queen; when you are fucking the weak ones, you always encounter a few casualties." He shrugged his shoulders, "It's the way it goes."

Joker leaned back in his chair, grabbing the bottle of whiskey from behind him. He filled up his glass and leaned over to top off Dig's drink.

"I think you should stick with Harley; that is one good, strong lady you have. Why don't you let me take the little Nurse off your hands; I know how to deal with the suicidal ones." He let out a short laugh and licked his lips.

J cocked an eyebrow, "I think I can handle my OWN ladies just fine, Dig," he growled out.

Dig finished off his glass in one drink. He realized he had crossed a line and he wanted to get out before he got Joker's gun to his head.

"I must be off my friend. I hope to work with you again soon." Dig quickly gathered his men and left the house.

Joker stood up after Dig had left, frustration and anger surging through his body. There were only two possible options: shoot someone or fuck someone.

He stalked down to his bedroom, throwing open the door. Hatter, who had been sitting in a chair across the room stood up as quickly as possible, "Boss." He said, straightening up as much as possible.

"Looks like the ladies are alive. Now get out!" He growled. Hatter hurried out as Joker slammed the door behind him. Harley glared at him from her position on the bed where she was sitting curled up next to Lisbeth, brushing her hair back.

"Come here, Harley," he said, beckoning with a finger. Harley could see the growing bulge in his pants.

Harley stood up angrily, walking over to Joker, "Really, J? Our Nursey is laying here unconscious and you just want to have your dick sucked? You really are a bastard!"

Joker let out a forced laugh, "I thought we had been over this before baby...blah blah blah...of course I am a bastard, I am the fucking Joker! And you know, baby, at times like this it is Fuck or Kill!"

With that he grabbed Harley and crushed his lips to hers. She stumbled backwards but quickly regained her balance, pushing J off her.

"Oh come on baby!" He laughed, putting on a fake country accent, "Waddya say I take you back?? We can just send little old Nursey right on back to Belle Reve and it will be just the two of us again!" He threw his head back and laughed, making his way to the bed; he put his hand on Lisbeth's forehead. "Sweet, sweet little girl, shall we make you go bye bye?" He gave the unconscious girl a long kiss on the lips. When he stood up and turned around, his forehead met the barrel of Harley's gun. He laughed.

"Deja vu!" He yelled out excitedly, "Do it, do it, do it..."

Harley sighed and put the gun back in it's holster. "You really are fucking crazy, J."

Just then a knock on the door silenced them both. One of J's low-level goons walked in, "Boss?" But before he could utter another word, J had shot him between the eyes. He crumpled to the ground.

"I hope what he had to say wasn't too important," Joker said grinning, holstering his gun.

Harley sighed again, looking over at J. "There you go, Mistah J, you killed someone. Feeling better now?"

"Much; now get out."

"I am staying with he..."

"Get out!!"

Harley looked at Joker's face. It had changed from pure anger and craziness to tiredness and something that looked suspiciously like sadness.

"Fine! But I will be back here bright and early."

To her surprise as she was about to leave she felt arms wrap around her as Joker hugged her from behind, "Thank you." He said quietly. "For everything." Harley quickly turned around and hugged him, knowing you only saw this side of J once in a blue moon.

And like that it was over. He pushed her away and stalked off. Harley walked out the door, calling to Jonny to come clean up the goon that was bleeding all over the nice carpet.

A/N Sorry y'all! This chapter doesn't really advance the story much. I just wanted to put a filler in to show more about Dig's attitude towards women (which will be important in the future)
And to show more of J's state of mind at present.
Thanks for being patient lovelies!!!