Call with an Assasin

As Lisbeth and Mr. J slept peacefully entangled in each other's arms, a sleep-deprived and crazed Harley spent a good part of her night fighting with the cruel and manipulative voices in her head.

Harley, baby, he is done with you and you have no one to blame but yourself. You are the one who brought her here, you are the one who has pushed her into his bed-TWICE!

She slammed her fist into the wall; feeling blood start leaking from her knuckles she turned around and screamed, "Shut up!!"

You can't get rid of us, Harls. We are a part of you now. Ever since you jumped in that acid.

"I did it for him!!" She screamed out, falling to her knees.

Yes, you did it all for him and now he has just pushed you aside for your friend; your nurse. And I bet he would never ask her to jump in chemicals for him. He learned his lesson from you; crazy bitches are too much work!

"No, he would never regret having me become like him; we are one in the same; I am his right hand woman. I live for him, I kill for him; I gave up everything for him!"

You might be his partner is crime but who is the one in his bed now? It isn't you baby.

Harley sat down on the bed, her head in her hands, and she let the tears fall. The voices were right. They were always right.

Oh honey, don't cry! You know how simple it is to solve your problem? One knife slice across her pretty little throat...one bullet through her perfect little head...then that crazy clown will be yours once again...

"I know! I know all that!! But you need to understand, I can't do that to her-she is my friend; the only constant kind thing in my life..."

Oh...Harley...you have become so weak...

Harley gritted her teeth and let out an animalistic, blood-curdling scream. She needed to talk to someone besides the voices; she needed to talk to him.

She went over to the desk and reached into the hidden drawer and pulled out the phone. She quickly turned the phone on and went to her contacts. Only one number was listed here: My Assasin.

She walked over to her closet and climbed into the very back corner and sat against the wall. It was he only place she felt free of prying eyes and ears.

She pressed call and only had to wait a few rings before a sleepy voice answered.

"Hey Dollface, tough night?

"The voices are loud tonight."

"Don't listen to them, Harley. You know they only screw with you."

"I know, but they are so hard to ignore."

"What are they talking about tonight?"

Harley sighed, "All my problems with Mistah J, I created them all myself."

"Why, because you are stronger now and know you deserve better??" Floyd replied angrily.

"No...because of Lisbeth."

"Where is Nurse L?"

"In his bed."

"Dollface...I am sorry."

"The voices say to kill her." Harley said slowly

Floyd's loud laugh could be heard over the line, "Now I know you wouldn't want to do that, Harley. She is the only nice person in our life-we should let her live."

Harley was quiet for a minute before she replied, "The voices want her gone, but me, I...I worry about her."

"Uh oh, Dollface, are you becoming soft on me?? Losing all your evil??"

"It isn't that...like you said, she was so nice to us and what Mistah J did to her tonight-I am afraid her kindness and loyalty to me might get her killed."

"What did he do to her?" Floyd replied in a low grumble.

"She tried to say no to him...because of her loyalty to me. He beat her up."

"That bastard!" Floyd fired back in a rage filled voice. "We've gotta get both you ladies out."

"That's the thing...I don't think she will go. I think she loves him."

"Fuck that love shit all you pretty ladies think you have with that psychotic clown! Try to get her to come"

"I will, but..." Harley paused as the voices started screaming at her

Ask him!!!! Ask him now!!! You know you want to! You need to!! Ask him!!

"Dollface? Are you there? Are you ok?"

"The voices; they want me to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"If only one of use can get out of Joker's madhouse, you would want it to be Lisbeth, wouldn't you? You want her sweetness just like Mistah J."

Floyd let out a sigh, then a low chuckle.

"Doll face, you know I like my ladies beautiful, evil and with a side of crazy. I would always choose you."

Harley smiled in the dark closet. "Thank you."

"Now get some sleep, pretty girl."

"Good night."

"Don't let the bed bugs bite."