Can Whole Be Beautiful?

💖💔💖💔A/N well my lovelies. This is the last chapter of "Broken Can Be Beautiful." Thanks for staying with me through this story. I love you all so much!!!💖💔💖💔

As Lisbeth sat on the ground next to the dead man, thought after thought ran through her head.
Her son.
Her suicide attempts.
Daddy.
Hatter.
Harley.
Jonny.
Ghost.
Bones.
Dig.
Knives.
Guns.
Death.
Her heart was beating too fast and she felt like she couldn't breathe.

All of a sudden, strong arms wrapped themselves around her and she felt herself being pulled up. Her eyes were closed but she felt herself being pulled into familiar arms, her head resting against a familiar chest. A familiar, comforting scent filling her nostrils.

Her heart slowed down; her breathing returned to normal, her shoulders relaxed.

"Daddy." She murmured.

"You did amazing, little girl." J whispered into her ear. "You were wonderful."

She opened her eyes to find J grinning at her. She brought a hand up to his face and gently caressed his face.

She turned her eyes and saw Harley leaning against the sofa; her eyes closed and her face exhausted.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, princess?"

"Harley....."

J turned towards Harley, his relaxed face filling with tension. He looked over to his side.

"Hatter!" He called, motioning the man forward and releasing Lisbeth into the goon's arms.

He turned back towards Harley and rolled his shoulders before walking towards her.

Harley stood up straight, trying to erase the exhaustion from her face as J stood inches from her, his eyes trained on her.

He roughly grabbed her chin. "My feelings are unchanged, Harleen. I still think you deserve to die." He sneered as he glanced back at Lisbeth, whose face had fallen, "but....you are lucky that I am feeling quite generous today." He brought her face nose-to-nose with his. "But if I ever....ever....see or even hear that you are anywhere near Gotham, I will kill you."

Harley took a deep breath and nodded, knowing he was very serious.

"Get out, before I change my mind." He hissed at her, letting go of her chin and turning away.

Harley dropped her bat and turned towards the door before hesitating. She knew she had to take the risk.

With J's back still turned, Harley quickly moved towards Lisbeth. As she reached the girl, she saw Lisbeth pull herself out of Hatter's arms. Once Harley reached her, Lisbeth put on a small smile and threw her arms around Harley's neck.

"I am so sorry...about everything...about how everything turned out." She breathed into Harley's hair.

"I know." Harley repeated quietly. "But now...now it is all going to be okay. I promise." 

Out of the corner of her eye, Harley saw J turn around and his face contract in anger when he saw them.

Harley gave Lisbeth a kiss on the head before quickly turning around and running out of the club. Lisbeth watched her leave; a mix of relief and sadness running through her veins. She turned back to Hatter and threw her arms around him.