What Did We Do?

Hatter was worried. Lisbeth reminded him a lot of his best friend from high school; maybe that is why he liked her so much. The sweetness, the emotional aspect of her personality, he felt like he understood her completely, and that is why he was worried.

The change from the sobbing, broken-down girl of last night to the oddly calm and smiling girl of this morning, it unnerved him. He had insisted to Jonny that he wait in the hallway, just in case she needed something; he had reluctantly agreed.

He heard the water and then a small cracking sound, like she had dropped something and broken it. That made him nervous but he could still hear her moving around, so he just kept waiting.

He felt his heart break as he heard her start crying; he really wouldn't wish her life on his worst enemy.

He got a weird feeling in his stomach when the crying suddenly stopped. There was no slow ending, no sniffles or sighs; just silence. After a few minutes he went and knocked on the door,

"My lady," he called out softly. No answer.
He knocked, "My lady," he said more loudly-nothing. He tried the handle; it was locked. He started panicking then. "Lisbeth!!" he yelled, pounding on the door.

Soon Jonny and the other goons came running from the kitchen. "What's going on?" Jonny asked angrily.

"Sir, there is something wrong. She isn't answering and the door is locked."

Bones rolled his eyes "She probably just wants to be alone and not bothered by you man."

Hatter ignored his comment, focusing on Jonny. "No! Something is wrong. Please believe me! Remember Becky? Last year? It is all too similar!"

Jonny just nodded, remembering what his brother had gone through last year. He walked past him and knocked loudly on the door. "My lady, we are worried. Are you ok? Please answer us!"

Silence.

Jonny looked at Brandon's worried face and then at the door. "Ok, boys, help me get it down."

Panda Man ran forward and him and Jonny only had to hit the door with their shoulders two times before the door flew open. Hatter rushed in the open door, gasping at the sight before him.

Jonny, Panda Man and Bones gathered behind him taking in the sight of pale limbs, poppy-red water and blood.

Hatter rushed over to the bath and pulled her head from the water, putting his ear near her mouth. Her eyes were closed and her body was limp but he could still see her chest moving up and down weakly.

"She's still breathing." He said pulling her body out of the water and laying her on the ground.

Jonny looked up then at the two goons standing there frozen, "Panda-go get boss; Bones, start ripping up towels."

Panda Man ran out of the bathroom and up the stairs. He got to the goon outside J's bedroom. "You've gotta get him now-it's an emergency!"
The goon knocked sharply on the door, eliciting an annoyed voice from inside. "What is it?"

"Boss, emergency!"

Joker threw open the door. "This better be good!"

Panda Man stepped forward, "Boss, it's the Nurse. You've gotta come quick; She's in the downstairs bathroom."

J heard the shock and panic in the goon's voice. He pushed past and rushed downstairs, his men following behind. When he got to the bathroom, he stood in the doorway, taking the sight in. His princess was sprawled on the floor in nothing but her underwear, dripping wet. Her arms were covered in blood and her face was pale; her eyes were closed. Jonny and Hatter kneeled on the ground next to her, tying pieces of ripped-up towels on her wrists.

J let out a long yell before running to her body and crumpling down next to her lifeless-looking face. He put his hands on her face, caressing her cheeks. "No!!!" he said, letting out another yell.

"She's still breathing, Boss." Jonny said quietly.  

Joker swiftly picked up Lisbeth, carrying her out of the room. "Jonny, go get the Doc. Now!" 

Joker held her close, carrying her upstairs to his room. Jonny followed close behind yelling into his cellphone, "You get here right away Doc!!! You know what happens if you make Boss wait!"

Joker got to his room and laid Lisbeth down on the bed and started pacing. He could handle
lots of things-anger, happiness, lust; but this sense of helplessness-it rendered him useless. He started pulling at his hair and let out a long frustrated yell.

"Doc should be here soon, Boss." Jonny said from across the room, knowing better than to
get too close.

Hatter rushed into the room, followed by Panda Man and Bones. Joker stopped pacing and pulled out his gun.

"What the FUCK happened???" Joker yelled aiming his gun at the three goons.

Panda Man and Bones took a step backwards but Hatter bravely stood his ground.

"Boss, My Lady spent the night sleeping on
the couch downstairs...she was upset. This morning she asked to take a bath. She was crying in the bath, but then she just....stopped. I was worried. Jonny came; we knocked down the door..." he trailed off, not knowing what else to say

Joker glared at Hatter, slowly walking towards him; his gun trained right between his eyes. Luckily for Hatter, though, right at that moment Harley burst into the room.

"What is all the racket...." she trailed off as she saw her Nursey on the bed. "What...what..." she yelled out as she started to run to the bed. Before she could get there, J and his gun stood in her path.

"Back the fuck up, Harley..." he growled out.

"Why? Let me see her! What happened!?"

"What does it fucking look like?" Joker yelled, gesturing to the bed with his gun, "Your little Nursey here, slit her wrists!"

Harley collapsed to the ground, tears filling her eyes. "Oh J...what did we do?"

Before Joker could answer, another goon ran into the room with the Doc. Jonny hurried over and ushered the doctor to the bed.

"She...she tried to kill herself." He said, pointing towards her wrists. The doctor nodded and started unwrapping the towels from her wrists. He grimaced.

"I will start stitching her up right away."

Harley had stood up and started pulling J towards the hallway. J pulled his arm away, snarling "Get off!"

"Come on J" she said gently, "you know how you make the Doc nervous, let's step out. Let Jonny supervise."

J glared over at the Doctor and saw the doctor visibly tremble in fear.

"Fine," he growled, stalking towards the door. He didn't want a shaking doctor stitching up his little girl.

He left the room, shouting behind him, "She had better live or you all fucking die!!"