Once Upon Another Time

Hey guys I wanted to make a quick update before my day gets busier. I want to thank you guys for 600 reads!! You guys are seriously amazing. I hope you guys enjoy and keep reading and voting!! I love y'all. 

Christine's POV 

Before I could stop him Raoul disappeared with Elliot. I trued to run after him, but a strong grip pulled me back. " What are you doing Erik, I need to get him back," I cried. " Madame Giry take the children to their rooms and tell them to pack," he says, dismissing me. " What are you doing Erik," I ask. He doesn't answer but leads me to my room. 

" Pack Christine," he says but I shake my head. " Christine, pack your bloody bag now," he says half screaming. " Not until you tell me what is going on," I say. " I sent a letter to Annika and she should be arriving here soon, she is going to take the children back home and you and I are going away," he says. 

" Why do we have to leave here, I need to preform," I say. " No you don't Mr. Hamelstine was arrested and the opera house is now being auctioned off," he states. " Will I ever preform again," I ask, my heart dropping. " You signed a contract with the opera house, you still have a few years left, but it will take sometime for the new managers to get everything in order," he says. 

" Alright, then why must the children go away," I ask. " Christine, please stop asking questions," he snaps. I sigh and walk out of the room, ignoring his cries. I walk up to the balcony and stand, looking at the city below. 

Once upon another time
Our story had only begun
You chose to turn the page
And I made choices too

Once upon that other time
We did what we thought must be done
And now we have no choice
We do what we must do

We love, we live
We give what we can give
And take what little we deserve

Once upon another time 

Is this what my life has come to? An abusive man trying to steal me away from my husband and a husband who doesn't care about me? 

Once it has spoken
Love is yours
Love never dies
Love never alters

Hearts may get broken
Love endures
Hearts may get broken

Love never dies
Love will continue
Love keeps on beating
When you're gone

Love never dies
Once it is in you
Life may be fleeting
Love lives on
Life may be fleeting
Love lives on

" You know I wrote that about you Christine," someone says behind me. I don't even have to turn around, I know who it is from the shiver running up back. " Even after you left me, I couldn't bring myself to love another," he says and wraps his arms around me. I feel the warmth of his touch and I'm soothed. 

" Why do we have to leave them Erik, it breaks my heart, and what about Elliot, he can't be with Raoul," I say. " Christine, you're going to hate me for saying this, but he is not my child," he says and even though I hate to say this I know he's right. " Why are we going alone," I ask again. 

" We have problems Christine, with our marriage," he says and my heart breaks. A few tears slip down my cheek. " I'm sorry Christine, we do, I will openly admit, we have problems," he states. I start to sob and Erik turns me around and I bury my head in his chest. 

" Christine, we have to go, the boat for the children will be here soon," he says and I nod. He grabs my hand and leads me down. We walk out to the front and we see all of the children standing with their suitcases. 

" Mother, papa, why must we leave," Aria cries. " Where is Elliot," Casper asks. Gustave looks at me and I nod, I realized that they needed to know. " Elliot is not related to us," Gustave states and the others look at him in shock. " What do you mean," Marius asks.

" Children, forgive me, when I was younger I had a best friend, Meg. When we were living in America, she was pregnant with her child, Raoul's child. She died during birth and left me to care for him, because Raoul was not there. The child was Elliot," I say. 

" You lied to me," Charlotte cries, " I thought he was my brother." I start to sob, " Please don't hate me, I did what I had to," I say softly. " Come on our carriage is here, we have to go," Marius says coldly. " Marius, darling, please," I plead. " Goodbye, mother," he says. 

Gustave runs up to me and I hug him, I cry softly into his hair. " Thank you for keeping it a secret," I say softly. " Annika will be waiting for you all the station, Madame Giry will help you find your boat. We will call for you when we are ready. Please behave," I say. 

" Wait mother, before we go, now that we are telling all of our secret, tell me why you abandoned me at the orphanage for eleven years," Marius asks. " Because I was never supposed to conceive you, it wasn't supposed to happen," I say. " What do you mean," he asks. " I was supposed to marry another man, Raoul. I went to your father because I had to say goodbye and everything went downhill, I would have kept you if your father had stayed but he left and I couldn't keep you, because you weren't Raoul's and he would have known," I say. 

" I suppose none of us were supposed to happen then," Marius asks. " Gustave was planned, Aria was unexpected, and I wasn't supposed to have children after her because I would have died," I say, " but then I conceived the twins. I don't regret any of it." I feel Erik's warm arms wrap around me. " Chilren forgive your mother, she has been through so much," he says.

" Why should we forgive a the woman who lived to us our whole lives," Marius yells. " Because I did it for Elliot's safety you have no idea what it's like to live with Raoul," I say. " Mother is right Marius, Raoul is abusive and an alcoholic," Gusatve speaks up. 

" Its alright if you don't forgive me, I understand, but please be safe heading home," I say, " I will call for you when its time." They nod and Aria, Charlotte, and Casper run up to me and give me hugs. 

I watch as the carriage slowly pulls away. " He'll never forgive me, will he Erik," I ask. " Give him time Christine, Marius loved Elliot so much," he says. " Come on we have to go," he says. " Where are we going," I ask. " America, to our old house," he says.