Angel

Hey guys I wanted to update because I was killing you guys with suspense and I personally know I cannot update tomorrow night. I want to say at because I school restarted for me I will be spending time on projects coming up. Anyways thank for soo much for 1K and I hope you guys enjoy and keep reading anf voting. I love y'all. 

Erik's POV 

" The surgery went well, she is currently stable and should be waking up soon, I'll have a doctor bring her  in here," Dr. Smith says. " Thank you Doctor," I ask, " Dr. Matt Smith," he says. " She will be in here shortly," he says. 

Come quickly my angel 

Christine's POV 

I couldn't open my eyes but could hear the people around me. " That was a wonderful surgery Dr. Smith, I'm glad you got to her in time," a unknown voice says. " I'm glad to have found her so soon, a day later and she would have been dead," Dr. Smith says. 

I groan slightly as I try to open my eyes. " Christine," I hear a voice cry and I smile, " Erik," I try to mutter, my voice straining. " My sweet angel soon you'll be with me," he whispers in my ear. " Once she wakes up she should be good to go open just make sure the wound doesn't reopen," the doctor says. 

" Yes of course, thank you again," I hear Erik say. I try to open my eyes but a warm hand gently strokes my face, " Be patient angel," he says softly. " I can't believe I made it through this," I mutter. I can hear him sigh as he grabs my hand, " Don't ever say that, my sweet angel, I won't have to tell the children, we can be a family once we go back to Paris," he says and kisses my forehead. 

" Did you send word to Annika," I ask, " not yet angel I still want to spend time with you," he answers. " When do you think we'll go back," I ask. He chuckles slightly, " You need to learn patience my sweet Christine," he says. " I just want to be back by their sides," I sigh, " to be a family once again." 

" In good time my angel," he says, soothing me. I once again try to open my eyes, and this time I successfully do it. I see Erik standing next to me and I gently stroke his face. " How long was I in surgery," I ask. " A little over three hours," he says. 

There is a knock on the door and in walks Dr. Smith," I see that you have woken up, I will give you some pain killers and ointment for the cut," he says. " Do you think you can stand," Erik asks. " I'll try," I stutter. I grab onto Erik's arms and gently step down and my legs give out from underneath me. " That's totally alright," Dr. Smith says, " your husband can carry you." 

With one quick swoop I am in Erik's arms. I still feel a little but dizzy, but I was thankful for that, I wouldn't have to feel the pain. I groaned as I realized that pretty soon I would feel torturous pain.  " Are you alright Christine," Erik asks worried and I realized my groan was mistaken for a groan of pain. " I"m alright," I say. 

" Here is some medicine for your wound," Dr. Smith says, handing Erik some bottles, " if the wound reopens, come here straightaway," he says sternly. " Yes of course," Erik says, " thank you." 

There was a carriage waiting for us outside of the hospital. Erik tell the driver our address and the driver begins our route. " Christine I thought I was going to loose you," Erik whispers. I gently cup his face, " You'll never have to live another day without me by your side," I assure him, " I'm promised you that." He smiles and places a gentle kiss on my forehead. 

" We've arrived." 

I was absolutely ecstatic to be back at home and was very thankful to be laid in bed. " Can I have a cup of tea," I ask him. " Of course," he says and heads downstairs. 

I walk into the bathroom and gently pull down my dress until I can see the wound. I cringe at the sight, it was long and thick with black stitches woven into the red flesh. I hear the door open and Erik sees me in the bathroom and gently rushes over to me. 

His hand gently rubs against the wound and I flinch, " I'm sorry," he says quickly and removes his hand. " It's quite alright, just very tender," I say, pulling the dress up.  

I head over to the bed and sit down and give a sigh. " What's wrong Christine," Erik asks as he sits down next to me. " The scar," I say, " I'm hideous," I sigh. 

Erik stands in front of me and grabs my face and makes me look at him. He removes the mask and I hold my gaze, staring into his eyes. " Look at it," he says, his voice deep and powerful. I gaze gently at his face and rub my thumb across it. 

I can feel myself starting to cry, " Look at me Christine," he says forcing me to look him in the eyes. I can feel my gaze faltering under his intense stare. " You are still the same beautiful woman I fell in love with fourteen years ago, your are still the same mother to our children and the same wife to me, the scar doesn't change that and it never will," he whispers. 

He begins to get up but I grab him and pull him closer to me, " And you are still the same man," I say, " that scar doesn't change how I feel about you and it never did." He smiles, " Here," he says handing me a cup of tea. " Thank you," I say and take a sip, and the warm liquid soothes my aching throat. 

He sits next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder, " Will my life always be like this Erik, will it always be twists and turns," I ask him. " I told you Christine you could never have a normal life with me," he states. " But this time around I promise to protect you," he says and I can feel coldness through his voice. 

Once I finished the tea he headed back downstairs, " Get changed Christine, it's getting late," he says. I find my nearest nightgown and quickly change into it. I climb into the bed, but without Erik I can't seem to sleep.

The bedroom door opens and Erik sees me lying there awake. " Is there something wrong," he asks. I pat the spot next to me, " I can't sleep without you," I tell him. He kisses my forehead, " Give me a minute," he states as he removes his shirt and climbs in next to me. 

I lay on his chest, " I'm scared Erik," I say. " Scared of what Christine," he asks. " What if I have another nightmare then what will I do," I say, " I can't bear to go through another one." He gently strokes my hair, " It'll be alright Christine, I'm right here beside you," he says. 

He kisses me softly and I smile and gently wrap my arms around his neck. I lay down on his chest and curl up next to him. 

I yawn and rub my eyes, " Sleep my Christine," he says in my ear. As night finally falls, I lay there asleep in my angel's arms.