Your Music

Hey guys, thanks so much for 6K reads, you guys are amazing and I love all of y'all!! I hope you enjoy and if you haven't please read my other story, Love Never Fails. Keep reading and voting!! 

Christine's POV 

My peaceful sleep was interrupted by someone rudely knocking on my door in the morning. I groggily get up and walk to the door, only to see Cosette standing there. "Cosette, why are you at my door at such and early hour in the morning," I ask her. She peers into my room and sees Erik laying there, without his shirt and I knew how it looked. 

"Madame Destler, please tell me that you did not," she says her eyes widened. "No child, trust me," I tell her, laying and hand on her shoulder. "But why is he... you know," she says quite flustered. "I can assure you nothing happened last night, and old promise was kept, I assure you," I tell her. 

"And what promise would that be," she asks, looking at me with a questioning stare. "I promised to sing for him, just like so many years ago," I assure her. "Then why is he shirtless," she asks me, and I guess I have to tell her the truth. "Because it was late when he came to me so I invited him to sleep with me, but not in that way," I say, which was somewhat truthful. 

Suddenly Erik begins to shift in the bed, and I see his arm begin to search for me. Once he reaches my spot and feels the emptiness his eyes shoot open and he searches around until he sees me and he sighs. "Christine," he says, hopping out of the bed and then he sees Cosette and covers his face, cowering back.

"Cosette, you must leave," I tell her but she doesn't budge, "now," I scream at her. She frightening cowers away, scared at my tone. I slam the door and walk over to Erik, who was hiding in the bathroom. He looks up and sees my face and removes his hand, "Did she... you know... see it," he asks me slowly. "No, nothing," I say, "but she thinks i'm having and affair with you," I tell him. 

"Well it's not like she can tell me, because I'm apparently in Scotland, with our children," he says, looking at me questioningly. I give a small smile, "They were wondering where you were so I created a distraction," I say sheepishly. He smiles, "Well, now that they believe I'm gone, I suppose I can figure out how to finish the ending of the opera," he says and I look at him. 

"I thought you already did," I ask him, confused. "I will have the ending written just for us, no other man or woman shall see it," he tells me. "Can I help you with it," I ask him and he smiles. "Of course," he says and holds out his hand. 

I realize what he's doing and grab his hand as he leads me towards the mirror. 

Cosette's POV 

I walk down to the dining hall where all of the other ballerina's were. I can hear their laughs and jokes as I round the corner. They see the look on my face, "Cosette, what's wrong you look like you've seen a ghost," a friend asks me. Ironic actually, except this ghost was alive, tell all look at me and wonder if I should tell them about Christine, but I decide not to. 

"No, but speaking of ghosts, what do you guys think about what happened yesterday," I say sitting down a the table with the rest of them. "It was crazy, I mean the Opera Ghost actually appeared, they say he never does, or at least hasn't for ten years," someone says. 

"Do you guys now the story, of Madame Destler and the Ghost," someone else says and everyone turns their heads. "The actual story," I ask, curious and she nods, "My mother lived here when it actually occurred she would tell me to scare me sometimes," she says. 

Everyone stares at her and she gives us a look, "What," she asks. "Well," someone says, "aren't you going to tell us," they finish.

She prepares herself, "There was once this girl, Madame Destler, who was living as a ballerina in the opera house. She was secretly being taught by a man she thought was the ghost of her late father. It turned out to be the opera ghost, pretending to be her angel of music. He helped her rise into stardom, and he loved her more than anything, but she denied him and left him for her long lost childhood friend. 

The Opera Ghost didn't like that and on the night of his opera's opening, he stole her away and almost forced her into marriage, but her lover saved her and they left. Rumor has it, she went to him on the night before her marriage and went to him and swore her love, even laid with this man," she says. 

"Madame Destler, she laid with the Opera Ghost," someone asks and she nods, "Apparently she loved him and not her lover," she says. "Wait, is what they say true, about his," I ask pointing to my face. "Yes, deformed on that side, which is why he wears a mask," she answers. 

"And she slept with that," I ask, disgusted. "Rumors has it, not sure if it's true, even said she bore him a son in secret," she answers. "And this was Madame Destler, the same woman married to the Opera House's owner, that one," a random girl asks. 

"Yes, her maiden name is Christine Daae, the same Christine that rose to stardom fourteen years ago," I say remembering how she introduced herself to me and also with what I just saw this morning. "The Opera Ghost was also killed, three times," the girl adds in. 

"So he wrote this Opera, about them," I ask, "The title is The Phantom of the Opera, isn't it," I say and they all look at me. "And if you look, there isn't an ending, one page is missing," I say. "What do you think he's doing," someone asks. "I haven't the slightest clue, but don't you find it funny how he just happens to appear again once Madame Destler shows up," I say. 

"You don't think she's," someone tries to ask but suddenly someone cuts her off. "Don't think I'm what," 

Christine's POV 

After finalizing the ending I decided to get something to eat for Erik and I, but I hear the girls talking about me. "Don't think I'm what," I ask them and they all cower down when they see that I've been listening. I begin to grab some small things on a platter and I grab two drinks. 

"Please, continue girls don't let me get in the way of your conversation," I say, turning around. They see the two servings and look at me questioningly. "Going to visit someone," a girl asks. "An old ghost perhaps," someone else teases. 

I begin to get angry, "Listen here, just because your young and think that you are smart and witty doesn't mean that you can barge in here and invade my life, my husband can kick you out of here like that," I say snapping my fingers. "Besides what I am doing with Er-," I start to say his name but cut myself off, "the ghost is none of your business." 

"So you are seeing him," someone asks. "No, I am not, I just have to discuss with him the opera, unless one of you plans on seeing how he wants his aria's performed," I snap and there faces drop. "We're sorry Madame Destler, we didn't know," they says slowly. 

"Be careful next time girls, the Opera Ghost doesn't like being talked about," I warn them. "Rehearsals start back up at the end of the month, during this time I expect you to keep stretching," I say as I walk back to my room. 

I open the door and see Erik sitting on the bed with a bottle of wine. "Is everything alright," he asks me, as he takes the plates from me. "No," I say and he opens up his arms and I run over to him and lay my head on his chest. 

"It's alright, the opera will open soon and you and I will be reunited with the children," he says softly, while kissing my head. "Alright," I say softly and he pulls back a little and looks into my eyes. "Is there anything I can do for you," he asks me. 

I walk forwards and gently kiss his lips, as I wrap my arms around his neck. He gently kisses back and I smile. "Just promise that you'll love me," I tell him. 

Say you'll share with me

One love, one lifetime

Say the word and I will follow you

Share each day with me 

Each night, each morning

Say you love me

You know I do

Love me

That's all I ask of you

He grabs his hand and kisses my knuckles softly. "I promise," he says before gently kissing my lips.