News From Paris

Hey guys sorry for not updating, I have been very busy with school work and other things. Guess what song my choir director is thinking of doing?? Think of me!! And guess who is a soprano?? Me!! I hope you guys enjoy and thank you guys soo much for 1.7K!! I love you guys so much and keep reading and voting!! 

Christine's POV 

A Week Later

I had spent the next week in bed, much to my disagreement. Erik, on the other hand insisted that I would stay in bed for another week, but after a good few minutes of persuasion, I convinced him. Erik went back to help with the theatre and was preparing for my performance. He had told me that a day after he announced my performance, the theatre was sold out. Still I couldn't help but wonder about the paper and I still read the note and would sit in my room remembering the day I lost my red scarf. 

I stood at the edge of the sea, the wind blowing through my hair. All of a sudden a gust of wind blew my red scarf off of my neck and the wind carried into the sea. " My scarf," I cried running to the water's edge, trying to reach it, but with no luck. 

Suddenly I hear a splash and I see a familiar figure hopping in the sea and swimming towards the scarf. I see the figure grab the scarf and turn back to shore. I smile as the young boy walks towards me. He smiles and bows, " To Madame Lottie, to whom I believe this belongs to," he says. I courtesy back, " Thank you Raoul," I say and giggle softly. 

He gives it to me, " Keep this safe Little Lottie," he instructs me, " after all I dove in the sea and grabbed it for you." 

I was snapped out of my thought by the sound of the door knocking. I lay the scarf on the bed and walk down stairs. There is a postal boy standing outside the door. I open it and he hands me two letters," I have a letter for Mr. Destler and a letter for Mrs. Destler, is this the correct house," he asks. " Yes, I am Mrs. Destler," I tell him, " where did these letters come from?" 

" One from Scotland and another from The Opera Populaire in Paris, France," he says and looks at me, " wait a minute, are you Christine Daae," he asks with a smile. " Yes, I am," I say and smile back politely. " It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Daae, my wife and I are seeing your performance in a few days," he says happily. 

" That's wonderful," I say. He nods and beings to walk back, " Have a wonderful day Miss Daae," he says waving. " You too monsieur," I say waving back. 

I close the door and look at the letters, Erik's is the one from Paris and my heart leaps when I look at the address on mine. " The children wrote," I say happily. I lay down Erik's on the table and sit down and read mine. 

Dear Mother,

This is Gustave writing, I want to wish you good luck on your performance in a few days. I miss you like crazy and cannot wait for you and papa to return. I hope that you have safe travels and enjoy the rest of your vacation. 

Love,

Gustave

I giggle and see that there are a few more letters. 

Mama,

This is Annika writing for Aria, Casper, and Charlotte. The children miss you dearly and the girls cannot wait for you to come home. Casper wants you to tell Erik that he cannot wait for him to come home so they can play the piano together. Charlotte and Aria wish you luck on your performance and hope you sing like an angel. 

With love, 

Casper, Aria, and Charlotte

My heart is warmed as I think of my little ones and I look and see who the last letter is from. I smile and a tear slides down my face. Marius

Dear Mother, 

I want to apologize for my behavior at the Opera House and I want to say I'm sorry. I never meant to be mean and I wish we didn't leave on such a bad ending. I want to tell you that I should have never snapped, I realize that it was for the best and for the safety of Elliot. I am very sorry for the loss of your friend and I want to say that I love and miss you with all of my heart. I know you'll do wonderfully on your performance and I hope that you and Father have a safe journey on your way back to Paris. 

Love, 

Marius

Tears are sliding down my face as I read his note, he forgives me. I hear the door open and I see Erik walking in. He looks at my tear stained face and his face pales, " Christine, what is it, what's wrong, did something happen, are you in pain," he asks frantically. 

" Erik," I say smiling," nothing is wrong, the children wrote to me, I am crying because Marius forgave me," I say. He sighs, " Well that is wonderful, did any other mail come," he asks. " Yes, something came for you, from the Opera Populaire, why is that," I ask. 

He doesn't reply and quickly walks over to the table and grabs the note. He rips it open and begins to read it. He smiles and runs over to me and picks me up. He starts to laugh as he spins me around. " Erik," I say laughing, " what happened." He sets me down and kisses me. 

I am taken by surprise by the kiss, but I kiss him back. He smiles and I look at him, " What happened," I ask him. He holds out the letter and I take it and read it. 

Dear Mr. Destler,

We are happy to tell you that you have been the successful buyer of the Opera Populaire, meet us in two weeks for the grand re-opening of the Opera Populaire. Thank you for your time and we will see you in a few weeks. 

Mr. White and Mr. Jones, the auctioneers.

" Erik, you bought the Opera House," I ask him. He smile and gently picks me up and kisses me. I smile and laugh, " Of course my angel, think of it as a late anniversary present," he says. " I don't know what to say," I tell him. " Well the don't say anything," he says. " Shall we celebrate," I ask. " And how do you propose that we celebrate this," he says. 

" Grab the wine and meet me upstairs," I say and smile at him. " I like the way you think," he says and kisses me. He heads in the kitchen and I begin to walk upstairs. I hear the door knock as I pass it. I can see a familiar figure at the doorway and I begin to become confused. 

I open the door, " Mr. Williams," I say shocked, " how may I be of your assistance," I ask him and motion for him to come inside. I see Erik walk into the foyer with the bottle of wine and his face drops when he sees Mr. Williams. " Mr. Williams," he says, just ask shocked as I am. 

" We need to talk," Mr. Williams says. " Of course, we can talk in the parlor," I say and lead him in. I sit in a chair and Erik's hand is laid on my shoulder. " What seems to be the problem," I ask him. " You haven't any idea od what I'm talking about," he asks confused. 

" No," I say, now worried," what happened." I can feel myself shaking and I try to maintain my composure. " I don't know how to break this news to you then Mrs. Destler," he says. I can feel tears attemping to escape from my eyes. " What news, what happened," I cry. 

" Mrs. Destler, I am very sorry to tell you, but Madame Giry passed away last night," he says.