Choices

Hey guys! Sorry again for not updating I have had a busy weekend with chorus performances and a few other things. Anyways thank you so very much for 13K, I love you guys so very much!! 

Cosette's POV

After the showdown that had just occurred with Marius and his fiance, I decided to head up to the balcony where I would be alone. On my way out I grabbed the pictures of my parents and a candle and slowly made my way up the stairwell.

As I open the door, I see a familiar figure. I turn to run away but I accidentally stumble and drop the candle, causing Marius to turn around. "Who's there," he asks as I quickly hide behind a statue. "Elisa, is that you," Marius asks and my heart drops. 

I turn around, hoping to go opposite of where he was standing, but instead I run into him, causing me to trip as I fall into his arms. "Oh, Cosette, it's just you," he says as he helps me back up. "Yah, just me," I say softly. 

"Have you seen Elisa anywhere, I have to tell her something," he says. "Is it about your wedding," I ask softly and he looks down and I swoon at his big beautiful eyes. "Actually the opposite," he says and I look up and him. 

"Don't you have to plan your wedding," I ask him, incredibly confused. "I just really need to talk to her, in fact, I do need to talk to you as well," he says, tilting my head upwards. "And what would that be," I ask him, my voice shaking. 

Instead of answering me he grabs my hands and leads me outwards, towards the center of the balcony. He gently spins me and I giggle, "Marius Alexander Destler, what are you doing," I say laughing as he twirls me around. 

He all of a sudden releases me and bows down, "Would Cosette Madeleina Dubios dance with me," he asks me. "But we have no music," I say and he just laughs. "My sweet petite fleur," he says using his childhood nickname for me, "we shall listen to the music of our minds." 

"I'm trusting you Marius," I say as I take his hands into mine and he pulls me closer, one arm wrapped around the other and our fingers entwined in the other. Slowly we begin to dance as the night sets and I gently lay my head on his shoulder and he gently kisses it. 

I look up at him slowly and stare into his big brown eyes. He stops dancing as his arm around my waist cups my face and my heart begins to accelerate at his touch. "My sweet petite fleur," he says softly, " I always knew it was you." 

"Knew what?" 

"From the moment I laid eyes on you that night as you sat at the piano attempting to play the melody you were singing, I knew that was the girl I was going to marry," he tells me. "But what about Elisa, you wedding," I ask him. 

"She means nothing compared to you," he admits and my heart soars. "Marius... I don't know what to say," I say, my words coming out all flustered. "Then make no sound," he says. I smile as I wrap my arms around his neck. 

He slowly leans down and I gently close my eyes as his lips finally find mine. I gasp as I feel the passion in our kiss. We break apart and he looks at me his eyes wide. His arms grip my waist, pulling me closer and he kisses me again. 

I close my eyes and succumb to this spell he held over me. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling me closer, our kiss becoming more passionate, more urgent. Suddenly I feel his arms tighten as he lifts me into his arms. 

He begins to walk towards the door as we find our way down the stairs in the dead of the night. He opens the first door we find, which happens to be his room and he gently lays me on the bed. I begin to feel myself get nervous, "Marius... I'm scared, it's my..." I stutter. 

"It's alright, we don't have to do anything until your ready," he says, kissing my head, calming my nerves. "No, I want to, to show how much I love you," I say, kissing his lips softly. "As long as your in my arms, that proves it to me." 

"No Marius, I want to, please," I softly beg, kissing his neck. "Just tell me if you want to stop," he says, gently kissing me. 

I nod as his hand begin to find the zipper of my dress and he gently tugs it off. I look up at him as I unbutton his shirt, revealing a well toned chest. He then continues to slide of my slip and can feel myself turning red as he gently looks over my body. 

"Beautiful," he whispers as he kisses my cheek and I tug down his pants and undergarments. His lips finally find mine again and he gently takes me, kissing away all of my pain. 

Once we finish I curl up into his warm arms and fall asleep, finally reunited with the love of my life. 

Elisa's POV 

I woke up earlier then everyone else did and decided to look for Marius, since he didn't return from the balcony last night. I decide to check in his room since I know he wasn't with his siblings. I see a women's hair clip outside the door and I feel myself becoming nervous and scared. 

I slowly open the door, careful not to make a sound, expecting to see Marius reading a book in the corner, as he often did, but instead I see his and another woman's clothing strewn across the room and when I make it to the bed I see him and a small blonde curled up next to each other. 

I gasp and slam the door shut as I run up the stairs, towards the balcony. I give a scream as I collapse onto the ground, an unbearable pain coursing through out my body. I hear the door open and I turn around to see a disheveled Marius standing there with the same blonde that was wrapped around him. 

"Elisa," he gently cries walking towards me, trying to touch me, but I shove his hand out of the way. "Please I didn't mean for you to find out this way," he tries to say, but I ignore him. "Find out what, that your having an affair with a chorus rat," I sneer. 

"No, that I'm calling off our wedding," he says, causing the pain to become more unbearable. "Why Marius, what did I ever do to you, to deserve you giving yourself up to her, something you promised to me," I cry. 

"Elisa, please, I loved you, I truly did, but I just loved Cosette in a way that I couldn't just ignore," he says. "Just like your mother," I sneer, "think you loved someone and then you sleep with the other." 

"Don't you talk about my mother like that, she loved my father so passionately it scared her," he retaliates back. "It doesn't matter, I was willing to spend my entire life my your side, but you just had to ruin it by sleeping with that slut, God knows how many men she's slept with," I say harshly. 

"Marius is the only man I have ever laid with and the only one I will," she snaps back. I stand up, grabbing my ring off my finger and throwing it on the ground, "Good luck with that blonde whore," I sneer as I walk away from the only man I've ever loved in life.