A New Opera

Hey guys, I want to start a new rule, when I receive five votes on each chapter, then I will update. I want to thank you for 5K and enjoy and keep reading and voting. I love you guys!! 

Christine's POV 

Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defenses
Helpless to resist the notes I write
For I compose the music of the night

Slowly, gently night unfurls its splendor
Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender
Turn your face away from the garish light of day
Turn your thoughts away from cold unfeeling light
And listen to the music of the night

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams
Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before
Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar
And you'll live as you've never lived before

Softly, deftly, music shall caress you
hear it, feel it, closing in around you
Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind
In this darkness which you know you cannot fight
The darkness of the music of the night

Let your mind start a journey to a strange new world
Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before
Let your soul take you where you long to be
Only then can you belong to me

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation
Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in
To the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night

You alone can make my song take flight
Help me make the music of the night

His voice woke me, a overwhelming surge of presence. I grab the blanket and wrap myself, his voice putting me into his usual hypnosis. I walk down the stairs and see him playing the organ, a piece of paper in front of his face. 

Angel of music

Guide and guardian 

Grant to me your glory

Angel of music

Hide no longer 

Come to me strange angel 

He turned around, a grin on his face, his eyes dark with lust. "Darling, shouldn't you be... uh," he starts to stutter. I smile, "Five years of marriage and you still freak out," I gently tease him. He walks towards me, grabbing my waist, looking into my eyes, "I'm shocked at how comfortable you are around me, around this," he says, pointing at his bare face. 

Keeping one hand on the blanket, I gently cup his face, "I see no deformity, no difference from mine, we are the same," I tell him, "you don't have to hide from me, I'll never leave your side." I see tears in his eyes and I brush them away. 

"Well, I have to get changed, rehearsals start today," I say. I head into the bedroom, grabbing a comfortable dress. I walk down to see Erik with a big stack of papers. "Is this the opera," I ask. 

"Christine," he says grabbing my hand and leading me to a seat. "What is it," I ask him, nervous. He fidgets in his seat, "This is not just and opera my darling, its more important to me, to us," he says. I become confused, "What do you mean us," I ask him. 

"This is a story of an ugly man who falls in love with a beautiful woman," he tells me. "Erik," I ask, beginning to feel dazed, what is he talking about? "Christine, my darling, look at the title," he instructs and I look down and the beginning of the page. 

The Phantom of the Opera

I look up at him, "Our story," I ask him, my eyes beginning to water. He nods, brushing away a few tears, "But the ending is same, but it ends with you coming back to me and admitting our love to each other, the curtain falls when we kiss, sealing our bond, forever more," he says. 

"Erik.. this is," I try to say, but I start to cry. "Is something wrong, do I need to change something," he asks frantically but I shake my head. "No, darling, its amazing, more than I could have ever asked for, no one has ever done that for me," I tell him. 

"Wonderful," he say, lifting me up, "you should eat something and then get to rehearsals." I smile, "I'm sure the infamous Phantom of the Opera will be there, have you heard of him," I ask him teasingly. "No, who is the Phantom," he asks. 

"Well you see, his in love with this beautiful woman and she loves him more than life itself," I tell him, wrapping my hands around his neck. "And is this woman, more lovely than any other, no woman comparing to her beauty," he asks me. 

"That's what he tells her," I say, looking into his eyes, leaning closer. "He sounds like a lucky man," Erik says, brushing away a piece of hair. "The woman is the lucky one," I say. "How so," he asks me, his eyes filled with love. 

"She has him all to herself." 

He leans closer, breaking the space in between us, our lips touching. Unlike our normal passionate kiss, this one is gentle, filled with so much love, I thought my heart was going to burst. His hands laid gently on my back.

He gently kisses down my neck, and I feel my heart fluttering as his warm breath across my skin. "You must go," he says, slowly pulling away, leaving me breathless. "I love you," I say, gently brushing his face. 

"Lead me, my angel of music," I say, holing out my hand. He smile and grabs it kissing my knuckles and leading me up to my dressing room. 

He starts to turn around but I grab his shoulder and turn him to face me. "Don't be late," I say, kissing  him gently. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." 

I walk into the theatre, grabbing a quick snack on the way. The performers are all excited and when they see me, and the talking stops. 

"Madame Destler," they all say as I walk up on stage. "I have the opera," I say holding up the score. "What is it called," they all ask. 

"The Phantom of the Opera." 

I hear small gasps coming from the ballet rats. "He wrote it himself," I tell them, "For those of you with main roles, note that I was tormented by this man and that you are playing my friends and lovers, I will not hesitate to cut you if I feel as though you are slacking off." 

"Tormented," someone asks. "Tricked, deceived, but I was also taught and for a brief moment I loved him, but no longer," I tell them, they couldn't know Erik was the Phantom of the Opera, until the performance. 

"What about your husband," they ask. "My husband has to go to Scotland until the performance, my children need at least one parent there," I lie. "Does he know of this Phantom," another one asks. 

"Like you wouldn't believe," I say, "I told him after we met, a few years after this affair happened." I clap my hands, "Let's not slack off, all of my main performers come find me." 

The young girl from earlier was playing Meg, and she reminded me of her, " You, what is your name," I ask her. "My name is Cosette," she tells me. "You are playing Meg, she was my best friend, please honor her memory," I tell her. 

"She's dead," she asks, and I nod, "Passed away after birth," I say, swallowing the lump in my throat, "I watched her die in front of me." An older woman walks forward, "My part Madame," she asks me. "Madame Giry, the old ballet instructor, also passed away, maybe a month ago, like a mother to me." 

Suddenly the young man, as I am told his name is Nicolas, "You are playing Raoul, a very old friend of mine, a lover," I tell him. "Please don't ruin his memory as well," I instruct. "He has also passed away," Nicolas asks. 

"Last week actually," I tell him, the picture of his body, fresh in my memory. "And you," I say pointing of a high opera singer. "Yes Madame, but I didn't sign up for a large part," she says. "I need a woman to play Carlotta Gudichelli, an old leading soprano." 

"And you," I say pointing to an older man, "You shall play her husband, Piagni, leading tenor." 

"Well," I say, "now rehearsals begin."