Prologue

I still remember my father's funeral.

Thousands of people surrounded the small grave. Even though it read only a few words, it still managed to pull at the heart.

Lu Ten

Loyal son, loving husband and father.

"The Fight Is Never Over"

My Grandfather; General Iroh was heartbroken. When news came of my father's death, he retreated from Ba Sing Se, to grieve and to take care of me.

While his own father and brother saw not of why he came home, I was grateful. My cousins, Azula and Zuko, who could be kind, had their own flaws. Azula had a deranged mind, and her blue fire didn't help things.

Zuko, who was the sweeter of the two, also was flawed. His father showed favoritism, and it wasn't towards Zuko. Looking back, I saw how pure he was, mold-able, changeable.

Put aside, I am the princess of the Fire Nation. People of the kingdom respect me, but pity still respects in their faces for the loss of my father. Grandpa still faces a lot of pain from the death. But I find strength, to never underestimate someone and to follow his words of always being prepared for a fight.

And that's needed now a days, with the world covered in war. Even more so that I follow Zuko and Grandpa out into the world to find one thing.

The Avatar.