Chapter 76

Note; I was going to post The Ember Island Players, but the chapter wasn't really going anywhere, and the dialogue was very dry and I didn't think you guys would enjoy it. However, if you all really do want it, I can finish it up and publish it.

Either way, we are entering the final chapters of Good and Evil and I want to thank each and every one of you guys, because without you, this wouldn't have been possible. I hope you all enjoy!

Ren's POV

General Iroh takes a deep breath, the heat in the room seeming to rise. "Sozin's comet is only a few days away, yet I can begin to feel its effects."

"So you've been in this Order of The White Lotus since Ozai became Firelord?" I ask, sipping my tea.

He nods, poking at the small dinner that has been prepared. "Ever since my brother descended the throne, I knew that one day he would try to do what Sozin tried to do."

"Do you think we'll find the Avatar and his friends?" I question, setting down the cup.

Iroh sighs. "I do not know. However, I know that Aang will face my brother and Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko and Azara will do anything they can to help him face his destiny. You and I on the other hand will free the city of Ba Sing Se from the hands of the Fire Nation so that it may be free once again."

"Whatever Firelord Ozai is planing, it's big. For the past few weeks he's been pulling troops from the city."

Stroking his beard, Iroh stands to his feet. "My brother is a powerful leader, but he will never have the heart that makes a leader a good one."

The two of us exit his tent, the sky changing colors as the sun sinks. Still, I feel the hum of the comet, the sky slightly redder than the day before. "It feels as if this war has been going on since the start of time, it's odd knowing that soon it will be over and the world can move on."

"Moving on will be hard" General Iroh states, waving to others in fancy robes. "Even I was born into this war, which means the entire world must learn to part themselves from the violence of war and accept the graces of peace."

I smile towards the General, my hand gripping a small walking cane. Since I've arrived at the camp, an old man named Pakku examined my leg, and attempted to heal some of the nasty scars. An old mechanist also made me a new leg, which is something I need to get used to.

"Do you need a break, Ren?" Iroh asks, stopping in his tracks.

Shaking my head, I stand up straighter. "I'm fine. Like the Mechanist said, it will take a few days for the irritation to go away."

Ignoring my request, Iroh sits down, patting the space next to him. Complying, I look over the camp, hundred of people rush about as the sun sets. "I do not think I ever thanked you for being there for my Granddaughter."

"General Iroh-"

"You were a loyal friend during the years on that ship, someone other than family that she could talk to. You taught her how to protect herself without her bending. But most importantly, you are a beacon of hope for her as she is for you. All this time, I have lost and found her, to only lose her again, but you lost her so long ago, you do not wonder when you will see her again, but if" Iroh says, setting a hand on my shoulder. "And I pray to the Spirits that after you two are reunited that you and her may somehow find peace."

"I love her" I whisper. "I always have and I always will. Even if her and I do not stay together, she will continue to inspire me. I have come far from the servant boy in the palace, all thanks to her, and yourself, General Iroh."

The old man grins, pulling me into a hug. "You are so close to this family, Ren, I feel as if you are apart of it. As we part, the older woman, Ruby stands before us, a warm smile on her lips. "Ruby" Iroh coughs, his face turning pink. "It is good to see you again."

The coarse woman smiles brightly. "How long has it been, 10 years or so?"

"Time tends to go by fast, especially when one is old" Iroh chuckles, standing to his feet.

"You seem to have gotten back in shape" Ruby grins, embracing the old man. "It is good to see you again, Iroh. I've missed you."

General Iroh smiles. "Your beauty is intoxicating, like that of a Dragon Flower. Yet it only blooms every few years, so one must enjoy it while it is bloomed."

"While I would love to continue, there is news" Ruby says, her smile washed away. Instantly I'm on my feet, gripping the cane. "Pakku, Bumi and some others are at the entrance. It seems like everyone but the Avatar is out there." She pauses, looking to Iroh and I. "Zuko and Azara are among them."

My heart freezes in my chest, General Iroh seeming to react in the same way. "They're here?" Iroh croaks.

"Yes, Iroh, they're here and safe from what I hear" Ruby smiles, taking his hand. "Come on, lets go."

Iroh nods, seemingly starstruck as Ruby leads us forward. She was here, she really was. This was the closest I've come to seeing Azara since I held her in the North Pole.

"Is there word how they look? Should we set aside food for them?" Iroh asks, Ruby smiling.

"They're fine, Iroh. There's no room for worrying, just joy" Ruby says, her pace quickening.

We turn a corner, and there stands the members sent out to get them. At first I only see Katara and Sokka, along with two other girls I don't know. They turn, seeing us all, and like the sea, they part. Zuko and Azara stand still, seeming to be frozen like the iceberg the Avatar was trapped in. Iroh takes my hand, giving me a firm nod, and together, we greet the members of our little family that was lost.