Chapter 29

"Stop bending Azara" Ren calls, dodging a blast of fire.

It had been a few days since the storm, and since I had told Ren about Zhao. Yet again I was able to pull myself together.

I don't know how many times I could do this.

"Why are we even doing this?" I ask clenching my fists.

"Because" he calls "If you face someone else who can take away your bending, you need to be able to protect yourself."

"You seem to know a bit about this Chi Blocking" I note, getting into a fighting stance.

"I was often the victim of Azula's games" Ren says grimly "Ty Lee enjoyed showing off her skills to her friends."

"I didn't know that.." I trail off, my stance falling.

Shaking his head, he walks closer to me "It's alright, I learned a thing or two." Suddenly his hands quickly jab into my arms and sides, a gasp escaping me.

"Now, let's see what you got" he chuckles, stepping back.

Throwing my fist forward, I frown at the fact that nothing spits out. "You are horrible" I sneer, pulling myself into a stance.

Grinning, he throws his fist forward, fire shooting out. I try to block it with my own blast, but I am met with nothing. I stumble, falling down onto the ground as the fire shoots over me.

With determination, I get back up, charging the man.

Now in an arms reach, I slowly gain the upper hand. Each time he tries to firebend, my hand clamps down, blocking the blast.

Just when I prepare to throw a punch, his fingers jab into my arms. Fear shoots through me as my arms will no longer lift.

"Ren" I snap as my arms dangle lifeless.

"Come on, before I paralyze your legs" he says, throwing another small fire punch.

Shocked, I stumble out of the way.

I can do this.

"You can do this Azara" Ren calls, shooting a low blast at my feet.

Eyebrows down turned together, I jump over the blast. Taking a deep breath, I start running towards him, dodging multiple blast sent right for my head.

With an angered cry, I kick my foot into the air. It slams into his side, throwing him off balance.

"No you don't" I growl, jerking my foot back from his paralyzing touch.

Smirking, he throws his own foot into the air, preparing to blast fire at me. With determination, I throw my own foot into the air so it slams onto his, stopping the blast.

"Your form needs some work, but you did well" Ren smiles, dropping his foot.

I walk up to him, our chests pressed to each other. "What are you doing?" he asks, sending me a confused look.

"I was going to pull your head down so you could kiss me, but I can't feel my arms" I say, a small grin growing on my face.

~~~~~~~

Once I gained feeling in my arms again, I asked Ren to help me learn his tactics of Chi Blocking.

"So you need to push certain pressure points in the body" Ren explains, grasping my hands "Pushing down on these points can block one's Chi, cutting off bending temporarily along with paralyzingly the effected area."

"Like this?" I whisper, moving my hand forward to jab him. His hand catches mine, giving it a tight squeeze.

"You need to be quick, don't hesitate" he says, releasing it.

Taking a breath, my other hand pulls from his, jabbing it into his side. He groans, his weight falling onto me.

"Like that" I say, a grin playing on my lips.

"Yeah, exactly" he huffs, arms encircling my body.

After a quick kiss, we continue to train.