Chapter 54

Enjoy this update! Along with another announcement. If you enjoy Azara and her fiery adventures, get ready for another original story, featuring IMARA. While it's still in the works, it will be a 'superhero' type story, of course cowritten with arimichella.

"What is this place?" I ask, looking around the small plain room.

"It's a flower shop" Grandpa says cheekily, but with a cough, he continues "But it's so much more."

"I think what I meant to ask was what is the White Lotus?" 

The old man steps forward, the few other people on the room remaining silent. "The Order Of The White Lotus is a secret group of people who care not about the barriers of the nations. We stand together to try and keep peace" the man explains.

Nodding, I look over to Grandpa. "I hoped that you and Zuko would find out in a few years, but I see Ruby has sped the clock forward for you."

Before I can even ask, the man answers the question in my head. "Ruby is another one of our high ranking members. Her and Iroh were good friends."

"But she couldn't keep such secrets to herself, so she disbanded from the order and decided to wander on her own" Grandpa sighs, looking down to the chip in his hand "her name and past status still persuade people to respect her."

So that's how Ruby was able to get supplies.

"Anyways, Iroh, what can I do to help such a high ranking member?" the man asks.

"My family and I need to be kept from the eye of all nations. We need to be forgotten, or at least hidden until we can appear" Grandpa explains.

"Ruby and I were planning to go to Ba Sing Se, but things changed and we never made it."

"Ba Sing Se" Grandpa sighs, looking off on a distant memory "The city is already filled with tourists, so who will care if three more join them?"

"I can easily get you out of the town and into Ba Sing Se" the man smiles, others scurrying off.

"Thank you" I smile, taking the man's hand in a firm handshake.

Examining my face, he returns the smile. Moving towards the door, Zuko stands to his feet the second it pushes open towards him. "What's going on, is the club meeting over?" he asks, confused.

"Everything is fine" I assure my cousin, putting a secure hand onto his shoulder.

"We're all going to Ba Sing Se" Grandpa grins proudly, leaving Zuko even more confused than before. "Ba Sing Se? Why would we go to the earth kingdom capital?"

"The city is filled with refugees. No one will notice three more" I explain calmly. Nodding, grand shrugs his shoulders. "We can hide in plain sight there. And it's the safest place in the world from the Fire Nation. Even I couldn't break through to the city."

"Are you sure this is the best option?" Zuko asks carefully as the door opens, revealing a White Lotus man. 

"I have the passports for our guests, but there are two men out on the street looking for them."

"How do you suppose we get out of here?" I ask the old man, crossing my arms. A smile rests on his face, as if he expected this kind of issue.

"Son, didn't you say we had a flower delivery?" he grins.

The boy smirks "Indeed."

~~~~~~~

"Stop moving" I hiss, shoving my foot into Zuko's side. Gripping my foot, his hand heats up, anger covering his expression "Stop moving your mouth before we're caught."

Rolling my eyes, I rest my head onto the pot. Somehow Zuko and I were able to fit in a lagre flower pot, while Grandpa sat in his own. Again, my fingers toyed with the necklace Ren gave to me. 

"Do you miss him?" Zuko asks quietly, his tone barely above a whisper.

"Terribly" I admit "I know I got to say goodbye, and its more than most people get during this war, but-" I'm cut off as the cart hits a bump, throwing us off balance.

Groaning, Zuko rubs his head, "You'll find him Azara."

"I hope so" I frown, crossing my arms.

"But are you ready to go to Ba Sing Se?" he asks again.

"I was planning to go anyways, but it feels, odd, now that I think about it" I sigh. "Uncle seems excited to go back, to his greatest failure" Zuko remarks coldly.

"And his greatest loss" I whisper, thinking of my father.

Taking my arm, Zuko pulls me towards him, comforting me as I realize we would be soon entering the place where my father was stolen from me, and where everything changed.