Chapter 64

IMPORTANT NOTE; Prepare for an extremely long chapter and with such a positive response to the Ren Chapters, I've thought more into giving our beloved Ren his very own book. I️t would explore more into depth what happened after the battle at the North Pole, and his experience through the war.

Will he ever see Azara again? Will he even survive the horrors of the war? While it's in the works, I wish to hear your guys' input!

Thank you.

"Please wake up" a voice whispers.

Hands cup my cheeks. Who was touching me? It wasn't Ren, Grandpa or Zuko. Get off of me!" I snarl, shoving the person back.

"Azara, it's me!" they yelp, stumbling.

Shaking my head, I look up, finding Katara. "Oh Katara" I cry out, pulling her down to the ground, hugging her tightly.

"How did you get here?" She whispers, wiping my cheeks with her finger. "I knew we shouldn't have left you behind."

"No" I️ state. "I had to stay with my family. Things have just become difficult."

"How? What's happened since I last saw you."

Rubbing my back, Katara soothes me into telling her everything. From Jet, to Ela, to Jiro, even my experiences with Zhao in painful details. "I'm not the same person I was when Zuko and I found your village" I admit, bringing my knees to my chest. "I don't see the good in everyone anymore. I judge people without getting to know them, because I'm paranoid they'll hurt me. I mean Ela was just as bad as Zhao."

Frowning, Katara lets out a sigh. "It's okay Azara. You have me, Aang, Toph, Sokka, Iroh and Zuko. We're your family. Don't lose yourself Azara, you're a good person whose just gone through bad experiences."

"Thank you" I croak, wiping my cheeks once more. "How did you get down here in the first place? How long have you been down here?"

"Your lovely cousin, Azula is disguised as Suki and her warriors" Katara scoffs, shaking her head. "I've been down here for a day or so, I don't know how long you've been here."

Of course, if Zuko, Grandpa and I managed to get into the city, Azula would easily be able to slither her way in. Pulling at her hair, Katara looks behind her nervously. "Speaking of your cousins, Zuko was thrown down shortly after me."

"He's here?" I ask, to which Katara nods. Helping me to my feet, I spot him. "Zuko?"

He sits beside a rock, turning at the sound of his name. "Azara" he breathes, rushing to my side. He embraces me quickly, the small smile on his mouth evaporating. "How did you get down here?"

There was no way I could even begin to explain the Wonder Twins to him, so I just said something he'd expect from a family member. "I lost my temper, and the Day Li was nearby. Now more importantly, where's Grandpa Iroh?"

He chuckles quietly. "He jumped out of a building, rather than fighting Azula. He's a smart man."

"My, if only I could somehow listen to this moment forever" a voice calls out.

Turning, my eyes widen at the sight of Grandpa and Aang. "Grandpa!" I exclaim, hugging him tightly.

"I knew you'd be with Zuko, you two can never stay too far away from each other" he chuckles, clasping a hand on my shoulder. "I'm glad you're alright." Smiling, I turn back to the others.