Chapter 5

I walk with Avatar Aang and the soldiers to his cell.

I gaze at the Avatar. He couldn't be more than 12 years old at the most. Remembering lessons from Grandpa, he stated that Airbenders were given their arrows when they mastered air. Turning away, I realize how powerful this boy is.

"Hi" Aang smiles, an innocent look to his face.

"Don't speak to the Princess of the Fire Nation" a guard hisses angrily.

"Lee, you shouldn't talk to me at all, but we still play cards every weekend" I snap at Lee, who sighs.

"You're a Princess?" Aang questions.

I smile, looking at him "I'm Azara, and the Prince who captured you is my cousin, Zuko."

"It's nice to meet you" Aang smiles.

"That's enough" a guard growls, silencing our conversation.

"So, I guess you've never fought an airbender before. I bet I could take you both with my hands tied behind my back" Aang says slyly, leaving my eyebrows raised.

"Silence" another guard growls angrily.

I sigh as we near the jail cell door. The guard tries to open it but cant find the right keys.

"I can never find the right key" he grumbles loudly. I walk forward, ready to help the guard, but I am stopped.

A strong force shoves the guard into the door and sends me to the ground. The second my body slams into the ground, I gasp, the air leaving my body. Panicking, I try to take in air. Putting a hand to my chest, I take deep breaths until I'm able to stand.

"Sorry!" a light voice calls out, presumably Aang.

"Zuko is not going to like this" I grumble, running down the hallway, and up the stairs, where the other guard lays unconscious.

"Aang!" I hiss loudly, rushing through the hallways of the ship.

I needed to find him, before Zuko did and hurt someone, or worse. My feet carry me swiftly, brushing past guards, who flatten to the wall, knowing to stay out of my way.

"Avatar!" I call out louder than before.

Startling me again, a hand grabs my arm. Turning, I hold back my glowing hand, ready to punch whoever scared me. The teenager widens his brown eyes in shock, his hand quickly releasing from me.

"Princess Azara! It's me, Ren!" he cries out.

"Ren?" I whisper, my hand slowly dropping from my side, the fire fading away from my fingertips.