Chapter 7

"What is it dear cousin?" I say once Zuko got over me denying this conversation before.

"We have to anchor in a Fire Nation port for repairs" he sighs, clearly displeased.

"This is one for the papers; The Return Of The Banished Prince and Princess" I say jokingly, hoping to pull him from the dark place he was currently in.

"Surely generals and commanders we knew as children will be there, so keep your head low and hopefully we'll be in and out" Zuko sighs, the sun slowly rising from the horizon.

"Fine" I grumble before whipping around.

Surely people would see us and surely words would be spat in our direction.

Shaking the thoughts from my head, I find Grandpa, who sips on tea.

"Grandpa" I smile, sitting down on the ground, his brow raising.

"If you are gonna try to talk me into not going to the port, it won't work" he states calmly.

"You think so little of me Grandpa, we both know with a few cups of tea, you'd do anything" I smile, reaching behind me to grab some candles.

"That may be true, but I would rather our ship not sink" he chuckles as he stands. "I will fetch for someone to get you once we dock" Grandpa explains before leaving.

Taking a breath, I pinch the top of the candle. When I let go, the wax burns, a small flame flickering. I do this to a few others until I am satisfied.

Closing my eyes, I meditate.

Breathing in and out heavily, I feel the heat swelter in the room before falling into a cool aftershock.

"Princess Azara!"

Breaths become rapid and fast paced. The fire grows, the heat kissing my skin.

"Azara!"

I thought I had control over this memory, but I didn't, and it was going to consume me.

"Azara!"

"I'm okay, I'm okay."

"Your neck...why would you try to electrocute the Firelord..your Uncle!? You haven't learned to control it yet!"

Gasping, my eyes fly open, the fire that was about to blow out of control flickers into nothingness.

Control.

Firelord Ozai didn't scar me. It was my own fault. When the lightning blew up in my face. It struck my skin, leaving it scarred.

Where it would forever remind me that if I didn't have control, those who I love would die.

Collecting myself, I stand, exiting the room.

------------
"Why isn't it the precious Princess Azara" General, no I mean Commander Zhao smirks.

"Commander Zhao" I say dryly as I joined he, Zuko and Iroh on the harbor.

Zhao always had an odd air about him, one that left me uncomfortable and ready to leave.

"What brings the royal family to my harbor?" The Commander questions, drawing out the word 'my'.

"Our ship is being repaired" Zuko replies calmly. Zhao looks up at the ship, the damage clearly noticeable.

"That's quite a bit of damage" Zhao says, looking back at the three of us.

Holding up a finger, Zuko says " Yes. You wouldn't believe what happened.  Uncle! Tell Commander Zhao what happened."

"Yes. I will do that. It was incredible! What? Did we crash or something?" Grandpa asks in a confused tone.

Steeping forward, I lie by saying "You were below deck when it occurred Grandfather! We had three Earth Kingdom Ships slowly cornering us!"

Zhao leans into Zuko's face, which now shows a look of hate and anger. "Really? You must regale me with all of the thrilling details. Care for a drink?" Zhao questions with a smug look.

"Sorry, but we have to go" Zuko growls, beginning to walk away. But Grandpa stops him by putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Prince Zuko, show Commander Zhao your respect. We would be honored to join you. Do you have any ginseng tea? It's my favorite" Grandpa questions before walking off with Zhao.

I turn to Zuko, "I'm staying on board, you make sure Zhao stays in check cousin."

And with that, we both take different paths.