Chapter 46

I hope all of you enjoy this extremely long chapter. And can we just appreciate the badass Avatar Kyoshi? I mean sure there are alot of badasses in the series, but Kyoshi blows them all out of the water.

"So some people don't like you, big deal! There's a whole nation of firebenders who hate you. Now let's bust you out of here!" Sokka grins, looking at Aang through the bars.

"Hey, I don't hate Aang" my tone offended as I cross my arms.

"Then you're the one out of a hundred thousand firebenders that don't hate Aang" Sokka says in a sarcastic tone "Do you want a 'not as bad as everyone else' award?"

Sighing, we all look back to Aang, who frowns. "I can't leave."

"Sure you can!" Sokka grins, jumping back onto the small bench, and waving his arms, he screams "A little swish-swish-swish! Airbending slice! And we're on our way!"

Embarrassed and ashamed, Katara shakes her head. Cocking a brow, annoyed, I say "At least the hundreds of thousands of firebenders that hate us don't fail about like that." Confused, Aang looks at Sokka with big eyes.

"I think what "Master Swish" is trying to say" Katara begins, mocking her brother "is that you're supposed to be out saving the world. You can't do that locked up in here."

"I can't do that with people thinking I'm a murderer either. I need you guys to help prove my innocence" Aang admits, looking over us.

"How're we gonna to do that? The crime happened over three hundred years ago" Sokka questions, his brain already moving with ideas and plots. Unlike my cousin, Sokka actually somewhat thought about something before acting out.

Cunning, Aang says "That's okay, Sokka. For some reason, I thought you were an expert detective."

"I guess I could be classified as such" 'expert detective' says smugly, pulling on the collar of his shirt.

" Yeah! Back home, he was famous for solving the mystery of the missing seal jerky" Katara grins, and I finally catch on to what the two of them were doing.

"What's that?" I ask, Katara sending me a playful wink as Sokka prepares to explain.

"Everyone wanted to blame it on the polar leopard, but I figured out it was Old Man Jarko wearing polar leopard boots! See, a real eight hundred-pound polar leopard would have left much deeper tracks. Okay, I guess I am pretty good." Sokka brags.

"So, you'll help me with my case?" Aang asks, hopeful.

Pondering, Sokka looks down as his feet. Suddenly, he cheers out "Fine! But I'm going to need some new props" and with a quick spin, Sokka has a hat with a monocle on his head.

"I'm ready!" Sokka cheers aloud.

Instantly Katara and I burst into laughter. "What?" the boy whispers as we continue laughing.

~~~~

"This is the crime scene" the mayor states, Sokka quickly moving forward to look around the statue. My fingers lazily drawl on the harsh stone. Following the steps of the mayor, we find a large footprint. "This is the footprint of the killer, Kyoshi" and as before, Sokka lurches forward again. "It was at sunset, 370 years ago today, that she emerged from the temple, and struck down Chin the Great. After that tragic day, we built this statue to immortalize our great leader. Feel free to appreciate it." Turning, the mayor walks away, leaving us alone.