Chapter 28

Above is Ren

Ren's Point Of View

On the stairwell was Prince Zuko himself.

"Prince Zuko, I-" I begin, but he cuts me off. "On deck Ren, now" he growls.

Frowning, I slowly follow the Prince on deck.

"So what is this about you kissing Azara?" he growls, steam raising from his fists.

"We've been building a relationship Prince Zuko, and I guess we both formed romantic feelings" I say briefly, keeping my eyes set onto his.

"I don't care!" he snaps "That is my cousin, and she doesn't need anymore drama in her life! Me dragging her down the path of banishment was enough."

Clearly he didn't know about what had happened with Zhao.

"I'm not some heart breaker Prince Zuko, I've grown up with you just as much as I have her. What do you think I'm going to do? Date her, then dump her for another crew member?" I question, getting fed up with this.

Snarling, he releasing a blast of fire behind him. "Still, I don't want her to get hurt" Prince Zuko snaps angrily.

"So go ahead and fight me" I snap "You clearly won't let my explanations get to you."

"Alright, five minutes" Zuko growls, walking away.

"You're going to fight Prince Zuko over his cousin?" Jee gasps, other crew members who wandered onto deck mumbling.

"If I don't fight him now, he'll probably throw me overboard in my sleep. I'll be fine, I've sparred with Azara" I say, pulling off my shoes.

"This is insane, I'm not watching this" Jong growls, slamming the door to go below deck.

"Just don't get killed" Kai whispers.

Taking a deep breath, I pull off my shirt, leaving my chest exposed. Across the deck was Zuko, already ready to fight.

While I should be scared about fighting Prince Zuko, the pent up rage from Zhao was enough to fuel me.

Taking the first move, Zuko shoots a large fire blast at me. Slamming my forearms together, the fire is blocked. Moving forward, I kick a series of fire blasts at the Prince, who dodges them with ease.

"Azara was going easy on you" Zuko mocks, throwing his foot into the air to send a blast. Running right for his foot, my hand clamps down on it, stopping the fire blast entirely.

"She doesn't need to" I smirk, pushing him to the ground "But maybe I need to go easy on you."

Growling, Zuko spins fire from the ground, threatening to kiss my feet.

Slamming my fist into the deck of the ship, a large arch of fire escapes, destroying Zuko's blasts. But before I can get up, Zuko releases a large fire stream at me.

I didn't have time to evade or block it. 

I would have to overpower it.

Throwing my arms back, I release an earth shattering scream filled with all of my rage. Fire spews from my mouth, inhaling Zuko's fire.

"You must focus" the Prince sneers, his foot slamming into my chest, shoving me back.

Stepping forward, I prepare to release another breath of fire, but a small hand is placed on my chest.

"This fight is over" Azara snarls, pushing us both away from eachother. 

While her face was no longer covered in tears, her expression was still clearly upset.

"Azara-" I begin, but her harsh voice cuts me off. "You two are acting like children!" she sneers "Yes, I kissed a boy, kill me! Zuko, you need to keep your temper in check, you can't go around fighting every guy I like."

She said she liked me.

Then her cold attention turned to me "And you! What are you thinking telling the whole ship! I should be the one fighting you."

Once she finished yelling, she took a breath. The bit of energy she had was draining and fast.

"Ren, can you take me back to my room?" she whispers, grasping my bare arm tightly.

Her eyes sagged, she needed sleep. "Of course" I smile, ignoring the whispered cheers of the crew. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry" I whisper once we reach her room "I shouldn't have fought Zuko..he just got on my nerves."

"It's okay" she yawns, her fancy Fire Nation clothes are replaced for a simple top and bottom for sleeping "Just don't do it again."

"How are you?" I try as she gets under the covers of her bed. 

"I'm tired Ren" she whispers taking my hand in hers.

My body flies at her touch. Maybe she didn't hate me. 

"Then you should sleep. I'll leave you to yourself" I reply, slowly pulling my hand from hers.

"No" she whimpers, instantly make my head snap to her "Can you stay with me? I don't want to be alone."

"Are you sure?" I ask, eyes wide.

"I'm sure, I promise" Azara says, pulling aside some blanket so I could lay with her.

Moving over her, I snuggle under the blankets. 

Her hand moves to my bare chest, and before I can even say anything, the soft sounds of her snores fill the room.