Chapter 6

This chapter is about our new character, REN.

Zuko was a mess after the Avatar escaped. He locked himself in his room, leaving Grandpa, and the rest of the crew almost at ease.

With Ren and I reconnecting, I often found myself sparring with him.

And surprisingly he was a tough opponent to beat.

Sweat formed on my face as I kicked towards Ren, ready to release fire from my foot.

His hand grabbed my bare foot, stopping the blast. Smirking, he yanks me towards him, throwing me off balance.

I clutch his shoulders, looking at him.

"I think I've won" he smiles. Gripping onto him harder, I pull my free foot up, then slam it into his stomach.

He stumbles back, releasing his hold on me.

"I wouldn't count myself out yet" I smirk, punching a fire blast at him.

He pushes forward, arms out. He blocks the blast before shooting his own at me.

Quickly throwing my hands up, I stop the blast. The heat fades off into the air, but the heat kisses my skin, leaving it red.

"Well" Ren says, running a hand through his hair, "I guess you're not that bad."

"Please, your blast was weak" I laugh, pulling on a robe to keep my body warm.

"It was not" he states bluntly, pulling on a smaller robe that the soldiers were given.

"Was too."

"Not."

"Was too."

"No-" he begins as we walk down the hallway of the ship but is cut off my a certain mopey Prince.

Zuko sends me an angry glare, surely I would be visited by him and possibly Grandpa later.

But for now, I pull Ren past the Prince and continuing our path.

"Where are we going?" he questions lightly.

"My quarters, surely there's something to do in there that doesn't involve fire bending" I smile, pushing open the door.

---------
After hours of playing simple card games to complex puzzles, I was more the ready to climb into my warm bed.

"Today was fun" Ren smiled, setting some of the cards away while I set the puzzles back under my bed.

Looking back up, I respond "It was, with all of this Avatar hunting, you forget the little things."

"Hopefully we can capture the Avatar soon, I'm done with ships" Ren says in a funny tone, but it comes off as sad.

I open my mouth to respond but the door is yanked open.

"Princess Azara" Jong says, his eyes wide "you are requested up on deck."

"By who?"

"Prince Zuko."

"I decline" I say sharply, continuing to clean up.

Jong, clearly startled by my response, fumbles with his next words "wh-what?"

"Tell Prince Zuko I decline his invitation, and that I would rather sleep than talk to him" I state as kindly as I can.

Jong looks at me with wide eyes "Okay...Princess Azara" he says before closing the door.

Ren chokes, coughing loudly "Azara, did you really say no to Prince Zuko?"

"Yes" I state, fixing the covers on my bed "If he wishes to talk to me, he can come here."

"What do you think he wishes to talk about?" He asks, lighting some candles around the room.

"The Avatar and how he wishes to capture him" I sigh, sitting down.

"Don't you want him- the both of you to capture him, so you can go home?" Ren asks joining me.

"You saw what I did, Ozai would never allow me back into the palace. He'd be too scared I would come for my birthright" I sigh pulling my knees to my chest.

"That fight seems forever ago" Ren whispers, looking at me.

"Whenever I look at Zuko, I'm reminded, spirits know what he thinks when he sees it" I whisper.

"You did what you could Azara."

Taking a breath, I look at Ren, his amber eyes trained at his feet.

"I would like to be left alone now" I whisper, closing my eyes.

"Yes Princess" Ren whispers, getting up without a fight. His footsteps are graceful, and trained as he exits, leaving me to myself.

Opening my eyes, I push myself up.

I glance in the mirror, my pale face frowning. I push forward, my hand pressing on the glass.

Using my other hand, I pull aside some of the fabric covering the back of my neck.

There, was a small scar that reminded me of that day.

And it reminded me that I will never face the extremities that Zuko has faced.

Groaning, I turn and exit my room, to which I proceed to find Zuko.