Chapter 32

"How much farther?" I question loudly as the beast beneath me pushes onward.

"We still have awhile to go. This girl has been everywhere" the girl, who I find out is called June says. Slowly a building comes into view.

"Out for a bit of fresh air, are we?" an old woman chuckles as we approach her.

"We're looking for someone" Zuko notes.

"I hope it's not Miyuki" the woman says with fear, turning towards a cat "Miyuki, did you get in trouble with the Fire Nation, again?"

Sighing, June turns around, beginning to walk back to her beast "The Avatar's been through here. Let's keep moving."

We continue on like this, stopping from place to place. Some places we stay longer than others, like a small town by a volcano. 

"We're getting close" June calls, whipping the beast so it goes faster. We push through brush, until we come up to an opening.

There in the path stands Katara and Sokka. Fear covers their expression.

Jumping off the beast, my eyes meet with the siblings. "So this is your girlfriend. No wonder she left, she's way too pretty for you" June chuckles. Sokka shakes his head in shame, moving his attention to my cousin.

"Where is he? Where is the Avatar?" Zuko growls, stomping towards the siblings.

"We split up. He's long gone" Sokka warns in return, his hand on his sister's shoulder. "How stupid do you think I am?" Zuko asks.

"Pretty stupid" Sokka chuckles "Run!"

They begin to flee, but with the snap of the beast's tongue, they fall to the ground.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Zuko questions as I walk up to the siblings.

"Are you two alright?" I whisper, crouching down. "We had no clue what happened to you in Omashu!" Katara squeaks in an outburst manner. "The King knew who I was" I sighed "And he graciously let me return to my Grandfather."

"I see what side you're on" Sokka snaps angrily, his eyes filled with hatred.

"I won't let your view of my country define your view of me" I state, tilting my head "While I am with my cousin and I am a member of the Fire Nation, it doesn't mean I want to see the world or Aang destroyed."

Sighing, I help Zuko pull the sibling onto the beast. It jerks forward, pushing us towards another nearby village.

"Aang!" Katara calls. Turning, my eyes widen as the Avatar breezes past me on a glider, throwing me off balance before the beast throws everyone else off.

"Sorry!" Aang calls, gliding off as Zuko chases after him.

"He's not sorry" Sokka grumbles from the ground, body still paralyzed.

Rolling my eyes, I grab his and Katara's arms. Slowly, I drag them to the side of the building, leaning them against the wall. 

Turning back to the fight at hand, I watch as Aang and Zuko fight on the roof. I glance back to the Water Tribe siblings. 

Spirits, what do I do? Do I help my cousin do something that would destroy the world? Or do I protect the world's only hope?

"Zuko is going to hate me" I growl, turning so I could catch up with the Avatar. 

With a snarl, I release a heavy stream of fire towards the beast. It shrieks, stumbling back from the flames. Snarling, it moves it head towards me. "I'm not sorry about this" June snaps, cracking her whip.

The beast's tongue shoots out, cracking on my arm. It's tongue rips through my sleeve, sending pain through my body. I stumble, still managing to stand. My arm limp at my side, with the rest of my body fading away from me, I attempt to firebend. The beast cracks it's tongue at me again, this time, I fall. 

My eyes look up at the sky. This was worse than chi-blocking. I couldn't move, I could barely breath. While the battle continued around me, I simply laid there and blinked. 

Suddenly, Katara's warm eyes came into view. "Here, smell this" she whispers, pushing a bottle under my nose. I gag at the strong smell, my hands plugging my nose.

Eyes wide, I watch as I slowly regain movement of my body.

"Thank you" I smile, clutching the bottle in my hands. With a nod, the Water Tribe girl runs off to her brother.

Shaking my head, I lean against the wall, sniffing the perfume now and then. I watch as the siblings pour the perfume on the beast, making it go crazy. Quickly, it attacks June and Zuko, paralyzing them both.

Once their all paralyzed, I slowly walk up to the siblings and The Avatar.

"You guys be safe" I nod, sending a small smile to them. "You too" Aang grins, holding his hand out. Swiftly, I shake it. If Zuko could turn his head and see that I was shaking the Avatar's hand, he would be enraged.

Now, it was Katara's turn to run up to me, pulling me into an embrace "Thank you for all of your help Azara" she whispers, pulling away and joining the others. 

Turning away myself, I walk back to my family. 

I wait until I can no longer see the air bison before helping Zuko with the small bottle of perfume.