Chapter 1

Edited

It was Christmas morning when my mom handed me my last present. I was so entertained with my other presents that I really couldn't have asked for anything else. When I finally drew my attention to the neatly wrapped gift, I quickly ripped into the small box. I pulled out an envelope.

"What is this?" I asked.

My mom answered, "Plane tickets to Canada and a passport!"

I was so happy! It has been my dream to go to Canada! I was only 15 and I already knew that I wanted to travel my whole life.

When I ripped open the envelope I screamed! Because I saw 2 tickets. One that said savannah (me) and one that said emily(my best friend). Even though I was only 15 my mom knew I was as mature as an 18 year old because my mom was never home and I could look after myself.

"I have already talked to Emily's mom, she knows about it!" My mom exclaimed.

"Does Emily know?" I asked.

"No, you have to tell her."

I reached for my phone and called her.

"Hello"

"EMILY! Pack your bags! We are going to Canada! "

"You're lying! Is this some kind of joke?"

"No! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

We both screamed back and forth through the phone.

"Now y'all need to get packing if I want to go to Toronto tomorrow!" My mom said.

You could hear Emily running up the stairs through the phone. I also ran up the stairs to my room. It took us a couple of hours to pack. We were Facetiming and the only thing that came out of our mouths were screams.

*the next day*

It was 6:00 a.m. and our plane left at 10:00 a.m. The airport was in Nashville ,TN. I lived 2 hours from Nashville.

I woke up and took a quick shower, brushed my teeth, finished packing, and finally picked out what I was going to wear. I left the house at 7:00 wearing skinny jeans, vans, and a Beatles tank. Then finally I arrived at Emily's house. She lived 30 minutes away from my house. When I walked up to her door she was already standing there waiting for our arrival.

"Let's go to Canada!" she exclaimed.

"Well if y'all want to get there in time, hurry and get in the car!" We heard my mom yell from the car.

Emily said goodbye to her mom, her dad and her little brother. I helped her bring her bags to the car and then we were off! The whole time in the car we were listening to the one and only Justin Bieber! Which was my favourite singer. Every couple of songs we listened to Emily's favorite band-One Direction. When we all arrived at the airport around 9:00, we went to the baggage check and then I said goodbye to my mom and we got on the plane.

"I have never been on a plane before." Emily said as she was shaking.

"It's okay! It's really fun! I have been on a lot!" I said trying to calm her down.

She didn't say anything. She just shrugged and sat in her seat. Once we took off, I fell into a deep sleep. I woke when the plane landed. I was so excited. We got off the plane in an airport in Toronto. After an hour of wandering around the airport, Emily and I found the baggage claim.

"I can't believe I'm here!" I said with a big grin on my face.

"Me either," Emily said still shaking from the plane."Well we need to go to our hotel, I think it is next door!"

We walked out of the airport and walked into the hotel next door. Because my mom made the reservation, all we had to do was get the keys. What me and Emily didn't know was that there was a convention called Magcon in Toronto this week. and the hotel double booked out hotel room.

" I'm sorry but you will have to get another hotel, we are booked." The manager said.

"No!" I yelled, " this is supposed to be the best time ever! I'm not going to walk around Canada when all of the hotels are booked because a meet and greet type thing is going on with internet people that I have no clue who they are!"

"It's okay!" Emily said to comfort me, "We can find a hotel!"

We walked out of the hotel. I was furious.

"This is so stupid, we are never going to find a hotel." I said while I sat on a bus bench.

"Yes we will!" Emily said with an encouraging voice. "everything is going to be okay! I promise"

-

-

-

-

-

A/n hello! I just wanted to say thank you for reading my book! and remember, this a a fan FICTION! So it is unrealistic! okay, thank you for your time. Continue reading.