Nostalgia

[Yoongi's P.O.V.]
"I'm thinking about visiting my mom, it's been a while." Jimin said. "Didn't you just visit her during the summer though? You don't normally do such close visits. You have something on your mind?" Yoongi replied. "No, I just feel like seeing my mom. I guess I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic." A smile grew on the younger's face however, the older sighed. "Yea me too.." "good or bad nostalgic?" You could practically see the worry in Jimin's tone. "Not sure really. I guess both, I wouldn't say it's a bad thing." The older looked down at his hands, focusing on the fading red mark from burning his hand a few days ago. It was practically gone but he could still make out the shape easily.

The older sighed once more. "I can't even remember the last time I talked to my mom, let alone visited her. I would now but I'm taking care of Tae and you know how mom gets." A small amount of laughter came from the two at the older's remark. "You also know how worried she gets about you, so you should call her sometime soon. I'm sure she's worried." Jimin probably wasn't wrong, it had to at least be a year since he last called.

A few days later Yoongi found himself sitting on his bed, Taehyung taking a nap on the couch as the older dialed out his mother's number. He wasn't sure why but he felt nervous. Still, he pressed the call button and moved the phone to his ear ok. It barely rang once before the phone was picked up.

"Oh my darling son! What honor do I have to receive a phone call from my son?" One thing Yoongi knew was his mother would never change from the caring person she is. "Nothing I just realized I couldn't remember the last time I called, life has been pretty busy lately." He heard a giggle from the other end and Yoongi couldn't help the small smile forming on his face. "I can tell, you sound more up beat than usual. How's life been keeping you on your toes?" "Well I met two new people, who I'm sure you know one since Jimin is madly in love with him, that's jungkook. Then there's Taehyung, I don't even know where to begin with describing him." He heard a small gasp and a 'ooo' "A certain Mrs. Park didn't tell me off this, I guess I'll just have to pretend I didn't know when she tells me. Now, tell me about this Taehyung! What are his interests, where's he from, how does he know Jimin?"

This made Yoongi laugh. He knew this would happen, his mother loved to know all about the people in his life. "Well he goes to the same college as Jimin and I think they're in the same class. He's also from Daegu. As for interest, he liked computers and electronic stuff like that but I'm not so sure anymore." Silence quickly took over but his mother spoke almost as quick. "That's nice to meet someone whose from Daegu, and why's that?" Yoongi loved that no matter how well she knew the person, his mother would care for them like they were her own child. "Well he's a computer science major so he's working with electronics a lot. One day something he was using short circuited. He was in a coma for three weeks, but he's awake now. He woke up on Christmas actually." Yoongi played with the hem of his shirt, the past few days running through his head. "Oh my, well I'm sure with the good friends he has he must be doing fine." Yoongi gave a responsive hum. "Yea he was put into the hospital Seokjin hyung works at, who was also Taehyung's doctor so he was in good hands. As for right now he can't stay at his place since he lives alone and he asked to stay by me so, he's here." "Yoongi you better feed him actual food and not instant ramen. Besides that I'm glad he asked, must be nice to not be living alone again huh?" He laughed until he heard a knock on his door. "Gotta go mom, it was nice talking to you again." "Oh well, goodbye Yoongi, don't forget to call if you need anything. Remember keep the fridge full for Taehyung's sake." She laughed and hung up.

When Yoongi opened the door he saw a scared Taehyung. "Shit, Tae I was supposed to finish the phone call before you woke up I didn't want to wake you up.. or have you wake up so close to a phone." Yoongi quickly scrambled to put his phone somewhere far away from Taehyung while still staying close to him. "It's ok.. who were you on the phone with?" He asked quietly. "Oh it was my mom, sometimes I forget to call and so I was a bit over due on that." As Yoongi spoke he went to hug Taehyung, who easily melted into the hug. The younger simply hummed in response.

"Never let me wake up alone again please..." he spoke softly, burying his face into the older's shoulder. "I'm really sorry Tae. I promise it won't happen again.

Yoongi slowly guided the younger to the bed, not breaking the hug as they laid down. He hummed what was now a familiar tune to both of them. It calmed Taehyung a bit. "How do you know how to comfort me so well hyung?" A sigh came from the older. "I just... know what you're going through.." For the millionth time Yoongi felt a horrible sense of nostalgia.

Taehyung moved back face a bit blank. "You too were put into a coma by the thing you love most?" His tame was mostly cold but a faint sense of joking was there too. It was a tone Yoongi wasn't sure her was comfortable with. "No I didn't- that's not what I meant. What I mean to say is that I've panicked too.. I've felt like the world was shaking when really it was just me... I've been broken, I'm still broken." Half way through the sentence Yoongi looked down unable to look at the younger. However, that didn't stop Taehyung from making him look up. "I'm sorry hyung.. I didn't mean to bring up painful things.." His voice was now soft and after a moment of looking at him a quick, shy kiss was placed upon the elder's forehead causing both to blush. "It's ok, I've learned how to deal with it... I can't just hide from it all the time.

Now it was Yoongi's turn to hide his face in the other's shoulder. Sure they were both a bit shaken at the moment but they had each other so that made them ok.

[caffeine raises anxiety levels]