Chapter 1

Ruby Johnson, a 19 years old werewolf, was from the Moonshine Pack, situated in a small village of Indiana. Her mother died when she was born, thus making her Beta father hate her. He abused her mentally and physically. Over time, even the pack did that. She endured through because she knew that one day her mate would come and save.

Peter Hale, first mate, soon to be Alpha of Moonshine Pack, was looking for his Luna. He was already 22 years old and previously lived in Missouri. After living there, he returned to his hometown in Indiana, ready to join his pack.

It was a normal day, Ruby did her daily chores and got to school. There she was bullied by Britney in the morning and heard rumours that the Alpha's son, Peter, was around the school but she didn't care. The school ended and she was thinking of what chore to do next, when she was knocked by a hard wall, she felt tingles running through her veins. She looked up and it was Peter, her smile grew but his eyes were black as night; a sign of irritation.

"I, Peter Hale, soon to be Alpha, reject Ruby Johnson as my mate and future Luna. You are weak and not worthy of being my mate and this packs Luna. You are nothing."

She froze and he walked right in front of her, brushing his shoulder lightly. She looked back and saw Peter kissing Britney and Ruby was shattered. She found herself saying with tears on her eyes, "I accept your rejection."

Peter looked at her direction shocked as she walked out of the school.

She went to her house and her father slapped her cheek because she was late. She went upstairs and locked the door. She got a bag and put her belongings in it. She took a deep breath and looked at the letter that she wrote for all of them.

To whoever is reading this,

I hope you rot in hell; I will help the devil itself to make your trip painful. Everything you did to me will be paid.

Just to let you know that this maid is long gone and you won't see me, unless I want to. Don't you dare look for me, because I am already long gone.

From one and only,

Ruby

Then, she jumped and run in her wolf form quickly, dogging any obstacles and going on an unknown trail. Through her run, her wolf whimpered from memory when her mate rejected, but she had a high spirit that there was a reason for all that happened. Her wolf looked around and she saw that she was long gone from Indiana. That had been days ago, now she was free.

She changed to her human form and sat on the ground catching her breath. Then she heard a twig snap and she called out to face her.

The individual came and as soon as the eyes locked, she knew that the man in front of her was her mate, her second mate. She smiled once again, thinking that maybe her life wasn't that cruel.

She was confused when he didn't dare to walk towards her and asked if something was wrong. He started, "I am sorry. I can't do this; I have a girlfriend that I love. I, Christian Black, Alpha of Deathwing Shadow Pack, reject you."

And she found herself saying the same words that she said to Peter, "I accept your rejection."

He nodded at her and walked away.

She stayed there when it started raining but she stayed under a tree and cried all she got.