Chapter 25

Ruby parked her car on the driveway and walked inside without waiting for the bulky men, Isaac and Dylan. There, she could see that the whole pack was waiting for her, even Magda. She looked sad and lost.

Ruby looked at everyone and they all looked the same, lost. When they saw Ruby, their faces lightened up but Ruby was hurt by their assumptions.

She felt presences behind her and waited for something. Dylan and the rest stood in a group in front of Ruby and Isaac started, "We choose you as our Alpha, because you are different. We knew that you were a rogue, but you weren't evil. We were confused about how you didn't relapse. On how you had a daughter. On how you could love another. We weren't like you... Every one of us relapsed and hated our loved one and some ripped them apart."

Isaac zoned out from each speech, leaving Ruby speechless. But Dylan continued, "We wanted what you had. A family, happiness and love. We researched about you after you saved us. We found out how you wanted to help those in need and we needed you. We cornered you and made you be our Alpha because we knew that you had the possibilities and will to give us whatever we wanted. We were selfish. We found out about the myth when you were in Yorkshire and we knew that you were that wolf. Your eyes... It all connected."

Isaac snapped from his limbo and overtook the speech, "We started to believe that you controlled us for the Alpha position. We were outraged and didn't see anything. After you resigned, we realised that all you did was give happiness. We know you didn't control us; we were just afraid. You know how much we hate to admit that."

Ruby listened to every word and she thought that it was finished, until Magda spoke, "Alpha, I apologise for my behaviour. I was misguided and suborned. I deserved your punishment."

Ruby's wolf stood taller and with pride on what pack she had chosen. Ruby's eyes couldn't be controlled, they rolled through her cheeks and Ruby said, "I only wished for you all to have a better life. Not a life that keeps in danger. Believe me when I say that I didn't control any of you."

Someone from the group echoed, "We believe you, Alpha."

Ruby nodded her head but said with some bitterness, "I forgive you all, but I can't be your Alpha."

She was about to walk away, when Isaac stopped her, "Why not?"

Ruby said truly, "I can feel my wolf and she is evil. I am afraid the next time I lose control, I will... What I did to Magda... I don't deserve to be an Alpha."

Magda intervened, "That's the more the reason. We always felt so beneath you with all your kindness that sometimes I asked myself if I deserve to live. My past..."

Ruby spoke quickly, "You do. Everybody does, but I--"

Magda ignored and continued, "You are one of us. You can relate to us.  Alpha, we all are going through the same, but we are trying to be the best, just like you. Please, Alpha, don't leave us. We are going to die without you."

Ruby's voice raised, "Never, I repeat never, do that! Do you understand me?"

Magda requested, "Please come back."

Ruby broke into a sob and nodded her head. Every rogue runs to Ruby and hugged like a big group. She laughed with so much happiness and after some time her wolf wasn't angry nor sad.

Her wolf was pushed back and so was her evilness. Everybody broke the hug after a few minutes and requested Ruby to sit with them and just enjoy themselves.

Through the whole day, no uttered a word about Jeremy or the nine Alphas or Yorkshire. Ruby felt overwhelmed because she knew that her pack was happy and content.

She could feel it on her heart and that made her happy. Although, Ruby was worried about what would happen if her angry wolf appears again. She wasn't prepared to lose herself again, so she decided to forget for the time being.

*****

Read, vote and comment!