Chapter 30

Ruby sat on the living room alone sketching some ideas for future events, while others were outside active. Her ideas started flowing until she felt several presences on the room. She looked up and saw Ben and Eric near to the door.

They realised that she had snapped out of her trance and all the nine Alphas started walking inside. They all sat on the sofa opposite of her and Ruby put her pencil down and looked at them with a smile.

Ruby said, "I hope you liked your bedrooms."

Daniel said, "Yes, they are very nice."

Ruby nodded and continued smiling, "I am glad."

Ben spoke after a few heartbeats, "What are you doing here alone? Shouldn't you be outside training with them?"

Ruby said, "Not today."

Ben continued, "What are you writing?"

Ruby laughed lightly, "Not writing, sketching a bit for my future plans."

Luke spoke, "For your next event?"

Ruby nodded and said, "Yes."

Daniel asked, "Is that how you can afford this place?"

Ruby thought about the question and questioned herself if they should know. She said instead, "It belongs all to me." She looked at Eric and he was fidgeting a lot, which leads her to continue, "What is on your mind, Eric?"

Eric looked at her and squared his shoulders. He asked in a stone-cold voice, "Do those killers deserve this house and your protection?"

Ruby and Eric stared at each other and Ruby contemplated on how to explain to a sceptical person that she could see the bad on them, that's why they deserved her care. She about to say answer him, when Dylan knocked and said with a smirk, "Ruby, she is calling you."

Ruby's own lips curled by hearing those words and she stood up, leading others to follow her suite. She asked, "Where is she?"

Dylan told her, "Somewhere waiting for you."

Ruby didn't wait for any more words, she burst out of the room and went outside, but she couldn't see her. She turned around to see Dylan in front of her and behind him nine confused Alphas.

She forgot them for the time being and asked Dylan, "I can't see her, wher--"

Dylan interrupted, "Garden?"

Ruby started running to the garden area, but she could see some wolves training, laughing and reading. It was quite peaceful if anyone sat down and saw the surrounding, but Ruby wanted to look for her. She faced Dylan once again, "Is she playing hide and seek?"

Dylan laughed with all his heart, "She is. She told me that you couldn't find her."

Ruby said with confidence, "I will always find her."

Dylan hugged Ruby and walked away on the crown to enjoy with the rest. She saw the rest behind and Ben asked, "Who are you looking for?  Can't you find a scent?"

Ruby smirked, "It is against the rules."

Eric asked, "Which rules?"

Ruby ignored his question and continued with a smirk, "You all can see the grounds or stay here outside with my pups. I have to find her and you guys will slow me down, no offence."

Ben echoed, "Who is it? "

Ruby grinned and said, "You will see her at dinner. Don't worry."

Next thing, Ruby run to the kitchen and she made sure that no one followed her. She went to the kitchen pantry to find Elena covered in flour. She was white all over and with a worried face and Ruby was able to pull a stern look. Elena started, "Mummy, I am sorry... I --"

Ruby burst in laughter and enjoyed all the time with her, because she could forget the world for her. She was so naïve and amazing that Ruby was afraid that somehow she would lose her. That scared her the most, more than death.

When she found Elena, Ruby found a reason to live and she wouldn't let anyone snatch that from her.

Elena blushed in embarrassment, which leads Ruby to stop laughing. She stared at her daughter nearly in tears and said, "Don't worry, sweets, we can buy more."

Ruby walked up to her and hugged.

Elena tried to break the hug and said, "Mummy, I will ruin the dress you gave me."

Ruby looked into her eyes and smiled, "These moments are more valuable to me than a silly dress."

Elena returned the smile and kissed Ruby's cheek. They both got up and went to the bedroom to clean and change themselves. By the time, they were ready, it was dinner time.

Ruby and Elena were hand-in-hand walking with big bright smiles. Ruby made a tradition to eat at the dinner large table every day where they could talk and laugh.

Isaac had mind-linked and said that everybody was waiting for her at the table.

*****

Read, vote and comment!