Chapter 18

Next morning, Ruby woke up at six am and went to her daughter's bedroom. She woke Elena up gently and waited until she was fully awake. When she was, Ruby announced, "I need to go, baby."

Elena said alerted, "No, Mummy, please don't leave me."

Ruby explained, "Shelly will stay here, but if you want to go to the packed house you can go. There is room for you. Uncle Isaac and Dylan will play with you if you want."

Elena ignored and hugged her. She cried and said between her sobs, "No, Mummy. You are not leaving! What if they come back?"

Ruby broke the hug and said bringing her wolf to surface, "They won't, because they know their place." Ruby hugged her tighter and calmed down. She continued, "I am going to meet the other nine Alphas, I want peace with our pack and theirs."

This time Elena broke the hug and stopped sobbing. Elena asked, "When do you come back?"

Ruby said, "Sooner than you think." Ruby continued with a smile, "I was able to arrange a meeting to meet with those Alphas in one place, but it is a bit far away."

Elena said, "Mummy, I love you so much."

Ruby smiled weakly, "I love you too."

Elena continued, "You can go, I am here waiting for you. But you need to promise me that you will come back."

Ruby nodded and said, "I promise."

Elena rubbed her eyes and said, "Okay."

Ruby rubbed her back and said before standing up, "Sleep, my beautiful daughter."

Ruby started to walk towards the exit, but Elena stopped and said, "Mummy, you are the best Alpha and I am proud of you."

That lead Ruby to turn around and run to her daughter who was sitting on the bed. Ruby and Elena hugged each other and cried till they were content. Eventually, Ruby got ready to go to her destination.

She was travelling to Hawes in Yorkshire, a small village with great greenery. Ruby found her small hotel and got check-in. As soon as, she entered her room, she opened her window and smelled the air with her eyes closed. She felt so in peace and tranquil. Ruby was glad that those people came to her life, but sometimes some tranquillity was good.

Ruby opened her eyes and saw the view far away, where she could see some sheep and a dog running. Some farmers doing their daily routines, which cause Ruby to smile.

She closed the window and unpacked as she was staying for a week. The meeting was in two days and she had to prepare for her speech and how would she convince them.

The next two days passed quickly leaving Ruby with a plan. In those days, she made a full proof plan and called her daughter to give the news. Ruby was able to talk to Elena freely, even in her age, because Elena understood her as nobody could.

Ruby contemplated calling Jeremy and just hearing his voice, but she wasn't sure if he would appreciate or want. Even though they agreed to do whatever they were doing, there was a risk of being severely killed.

A wolf and vampire relationship would be called an abomination, but still, something inside of her didn't care.

She tried asking her wolf but she would run away and shut the connection.
Ruby didn't know the answer herself.

*****

Read, vote and comment!