Chapter 49

The door closes and she sits on the chair. She looks at Igor and asks, "What do think about Gabriel?"

Igor sits back and says, "Shifty."

Ruby continues, "Is he telling the truth?"

Igor says, "I asked about the accident and some things didn't add up."

Ruby nodded and asks Igor to call Gabriel. When they come back, they sit on the chairs in front of Ruby. She starts, "What do you think about this pack?"

Gabriel says, "Good."

Igor adds, "Isn't just strange that an Alpha has two packs?"

Gabriel continues, "She is the Alpha."

Ruby brings the ancient book in front of her and hands to Gabriel, who reads thoughtfully. Ruby and Igor see their reaction as he reads about a wolf with crimson eyes and the legend. Gabriel asks after he finishes reading, "What is this?"

Ruby smiles and says, "That is my story. So before I make you, tell me the real truth."

Gabriel shifts on his seat and Ruby can see that his hands start to get sweaty. Ruby waits till he is ready and finally brings his wolf to surface. Gabriel's red shine and says with his voice changed, "You are lying."

Ruby's crimson eyes flick for a second, but Gabriel catches and looks surprise. Ruby returns to her natural colour and continues, "I just want the truth, nothing will happen to you."

His eyes remain and says, "I am a rogue and I killed them. I tricked them and I loved every minute of it."

Seconds passed and Igor said, "Well, was that hard?"

Gabriel asks shocked, "What do you mean?"

Ruby says smiling, "I just wanted the truth and once again welcome to my family."

Gabriel's eyes change to normal and ask, "What is going to happen now?"

Ruby says, "I want you to be my second Omega and help Igor whenever he needs."

Gabriel asks, "Me?"

Ruby smiles and continues, "Why not? This pack is all about indulging their craft, so I will give you full liberty to do anything and you can tell Igor for anything you desire."

Gabriel's guards up, "What about London?"

Ruby answered, "I have two packs for a reason. People won't respond kindly if I let them run on the streets, however here nobody can find you all. The wolves that reside in London are reformed killers. Each one of you wants something different and my job is to make sure that you get exactly what you desire."

Igor intervened, "Talking about that. I want something."

Ruby said smiling, "What?"

Igor continued, "We need to extend the parameters."

Ruby nodded and assured, "That won't be a problem."

After Igor nodded, Ruby stood up and demands both of them to follow her. They went in front of everyone and Ruby announced that Gabriel was her second Omega. They all welcomed him with wicked and dangerous grins.

Hours later, Ruby, Isaac and Dylan were back in the plane and travelling back to London. She had informed the Queen that the new wolf had found his mate and decided to stay behind.

That was a small lie that she could afford for her pack, however, if the Queen ever found out about it then... But that was a problem for another day. 

Isaac looked at her and asked, "Why did you keep Gabriel in Canada?"

Ruby looked away from the plan window and said, "He wished to stay behind."

Dylan continued, "But was it wise to make your second Omega?"

Ruby sighed and said, "He had lied about his kills and I had to place him in Canada. Igor will make sure that he doesn't do anything irrational than is allowed."

They both nodded at Ruby, but they were irritated that Gabriel was able to deceive both of them. Ruby didn't blame them, they started to see the world differently.

Ruby assured them that although they didn't know about Gabriel's evilness, she didn't care because they belonged in London.

They dropped the conversation quickly and Ruby enjoyed her ride back to London.

*****

Read, vote and comment!