Chapter 33

She walked till she reached her own house, away from the pack house and the Alphas. She looked up and saw that the sun would be up in a few hours. Even her pack would have been in the pack house sleeping all over the floor.

Ruby entered and walked to Elena's bedroom. She watched her daughter sleeping and she felt her heart breaking in pieces and she didn't know how to fix it. Ruby sighed and decided to go to the kitchen when she dropped something to the floor and Elena woke up.

Elena whispered, "Mummy?"

Ruby said softly, "Go back to sleep, sweets."

Elena opened her eyes and looked at Ruby. Elena asked, "Mummy, were you crying?"

Ruby shook her head and said, "No, something went inside of my eye."

Elena demanded, "Mummy, come here."

Ruby nodded and walked to Elena's bed. She sat on the bed and Elena hugged her mother. She reassured, "I am here and I will never leave you."

Ruby's tears didn't hold back and she started crying again. Elena asked a few seconds, "What happen, Mummy?" Ruby was about to tell a lie, but she demanded, "No lies, Mummy."

Ruby smiled and said, "I... I just had a bad day night, dear."

Elena asked, "What happen, Mummy? You were okay in the afternoon."

Ruby laid in the bed and Elena copied her. Ruby thought how would she explain to her daughter that her love life sucked and her wolf was slowly taking over. Ruby changed topics, "How are witchy lessons going?"

Elena gladly changed the topics and responded, "Mummy, I learnt so much. I love grandma and her lessons."

Ruby nodded and said, "That is perfect. What can you do?"

Elena spoke, "Grandma showed her book, but she called grimoire. I can do some spells and potions. They are so much fun, Mummy."

Ruby said with a smile, "Don't give up."

Elena grinned and answered, "Mummy, I want to be like you. Of course, I won't give up because you don't either."

Ruby said without missing a beat, "I love you."

Elena smiled and said, "Love you too, Mummy."

Ruby smiled and said, "Sleep, there's still time to wake up."

Elena asked, "Can we go to the pack house tomorrow?"

Ruby smiled and nodded. Elena went back to sleep but Ruby laid on the bed and watched the moments that went through the day. So many things had happened in a day... But it all came back to one vampire, Jeremy.

His warmth is what she remembered and what she would miss the most. She wanted to be in his arms so bad, but she had to stand on her ground. Ruby could see that he was desperate but not enough to forget other people.

Ruby tossed in the bed and decided to take a shower and make breakfast.

By the time that she was done, Elena was up and ready to go to school and said to Shelly to bring her to the pack house directly. After they went, Ruby decided to go to her office but she stopped on her tracks when she heard a loud knocking.

She opened up to reveal Daniel, which he brutally entered inside and Ruby looked around but no one was with him.

She closed the door and turned around to see him standing tall with the knife that she had handed him yesterday.

Ruby asked cautiously, "Did you come to stab me?"

*****

Read, vote and comment!