Chapter 9

She ran home and found that some members of her pack were there. They started to bombard her with questions and their eyes shined red without any mercy. Ruby tried to run from the situation, but was unsuccessful and told them what Jeremy wanted from her.

They all growled and asked why she had taken that decision. Ruby simply said, "The witches are in peace with us and I want peace with vampires."

They all looked surprised by this news, but soon they rebelled from the given information. She nodded to all their reasoning, but Ruby's idea was set but she found her wolf also agreeing. Finally, after few words, they all let Ruby go for the event. She went to her room and started getting ready. After she put her necklace, Elena burst through the doors and gave Ruby a big hug. She started to tell of her day to Ruby, and Ruby happily listened and smiled.

Elena went to sleep and Ruby got to her car. She entered and found her Beta and Omega sitting beside her. She immediately told them that she didn't need back up, but they insisted that they would accompany her. Ruby gave in and went to the fundraising party.

Ruby entered through the doors with Isaac and Dylan, side-by-side. Ruby smelled the air and she knew that they were the only werewolves and the rest were either humans or vampires. She saw few vampires giving a nasty look, but she ignored it. They were rules that they couldn't reveal to the humans.

She felt a penetrating gaze from someone and she turned to find the vampire that instigated something deep inside of her. Jeremy started to walk on her direction and stopped in front of her. Isaac and Dylan started growling and Ruby ordered to go and enjoy the party. They nodded and disappeared.

Ruby stared into Jeremy's eyes and asked, "Why am I here?"

Jeremy said evenly, "Because I wanted."

Ruby nodded and requested, "I wish to talk to you in private."

Jeremy laughed darkly and asked, "So you can kill me?"

Ruby turned serious and shake her head. Jeremy stopped laughing and Ruby responded, "I want a truce between my pack and your colony."

Jeremy stared into my eyes, "And why would I do that?"

Ruby showed her red eyes and said without anger, "Because we have something in common. We are dark and we aren't perfect but our job is to protect our people. I want a truce because we can help each other. Think about it."

Jeremy stood on his ground without moving. Ruby walked away and went the bar. She took a champagne fluke and stated drinking. Isaac and Dylan came by her side and asked what to do next. Ruby smiled and said, "Enjoy."

Isaac argued, "But there are vampires around."

Ruby said, "We are rogues and weren't afraid. I am still here to protect you all."

She looked into Isaac's eyes and saw the darkness beneath it, just waiting to shed the vampires in pieces. But Ruby wanted peace, so she had to make sure that her pups were at bay. Isaac nodded and Dylan smiled weakly. Ruby decided to go home, but fell short when she saw the room. The only remaining were vampires, as the humans weren't there anymore. She saw the one individual that had the power and he said, "Let me introduce you. I am King of the vampires, Jeremy Lockwood and we decline your offer."

Ruby frowned, while Jeremy smirked wickedly. Ruby nodded at his decision and said, "That's your choice. We don't have anything else to talk about, so I wi--"

Before Ruby could finish, Jeremy interrupted, "I can't let you go."

*****

Read, vote and comment!