Chapter 4

After some time, she was on the road to Elena's school. Ruby pulled her daughter out of the school and took her to eat ice cream. Elena was happy with her mother's sudden visit and they went to have some fun. After that, they went to a park, where there was no other soul except the two of them.

It was quiet and alluring. It was a perfect place to think and be happy. Ruby looked at her daughter playing on the swings and she joined her daughter and she started to do the same on the other one. Both of them were laughing and playing like children.

Elena stopped swinging and looked around. Ruby stopped too and asked what was wrong and her daughter warned that something was about to happen. Elena was a witch and sometimes she was able to predict the future, but she had no control. She was still learning from Shelly.

Ruby was about to ask what when fifteen men surrounded the entire parameter of the park. Ruby stood up and her wolf wanted to resurface and protect her pup. Her eyes eventually stopped at the two individuals that she had saved on the alleyway. Ruby spoke to them, "What is this? Is this how you repay me by saving your lives?"

Isaac smiled and said, "These men wanted to meet you."

Ruby was confused and felt her daughter holding one of her legs. Dylan looked at the tiny girl and asked, "Who is that beautiful girl?"

Ruby spoke with authority, "What do you want from me?"

Isaac was about to answer, when Elena said, "They want you to be their Alpha."

Ruby looked at her beautiful daughter with a frown and picked her up. Isaac asked, "How did you know?"

Elena felt the hostility on Isaac's voice and hugged her mother tightly. Ruby asked with a slight disbelieve, "Is that the truth?"

All the wolves that were around Ruby and Elena nodded. Ruby asked one question that she couldn't find the answer for, "Why me?"

Isaac smiled slightly before turning grim, "Because we need a strong leader and someone who has no fears. You did something that no wolf would could do, save a rogue."

Ruby thought the words that were spilt, but a thought stopped her, "You have the wrong person. I am not strong."

Someone from the crowd shouted that he disagreed with my opinion. Ruby was about to make another excuse, when they all kneeled in front of her, including Dylan and Isaac.

Ruby started to take steps back when she saw the sight. Elena brought her face out of her mother's neck and looked at the sky. Ruby looked at her daughter and saw her eyes were backwards and her voice had changed when she said, "Ruby Warzone is destined to be the Alpha of the Rogues. It is spoken in stars."

After that, Elena fainted. Ruby brought her daughter closer and hugged her tightly. Ruby looked around to see the rogues were staring at her daughter in astonishment. Dylan asked, "Who is she?"

Ruby said without missing a heartbeat, "My daughter." Ruby's next words were laced with fear, but she pushed her shaky voice back, "I have to go."

Isaac shouted, "No!"

Ruby looked into Isaac's eyes and her wolf surfaced, she said with her wolf voice, "Be careful pup, the life that I gave you can be taken easily."

Ruby's wolf startled at all of them and they all backed away, leaving a space for her to go. Someone whispered along the way, "Her eyes were red, like ours, but darker."