2

Telling

Telling

One Week Later

Natalie was grabbing her books out of her locker when a hand leaned against the door, closing it, trapping her in a cage that she didn't mind being in.

"Hey, Natalie," said Shane with a half smile.

"Did I look like I was finished in there?" Natalie asked, eyebrows raised.

Shane bit his lip gently and laughed, looking down before looking back up at her.

"Go on a date with me," he said.

"I think that's supposed to be a question, not an order," Natalie responded.

"You. Me. Dinner. Friday. I'll pick you up at seven," Shane said with a smirk, walking away before she could argue.

Natalie leaned her back against her locker, biting her lip to mask the smile on her face.

"Is that what I think it was?" Lori asked excitedly, running up to Natalie's locker.

"I don't know. What did you think it was?" Natalie asked with a smile.

"I think I just saw Shane Walsh asking you on a date," Lori squealed.

"Wrong. You just saw Shane Walsh telling me that we're going to dinner," Natalie said.

Lori squealed with joy, making Natalie laugh hysterically.

"You guys are gonna make such a cute couple," exclaimed Lori.

"It's just dinner," Natalie scoffed.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm sure Bruce Willis said that about Demi Moore, too," Lori said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, please. That marriage will be over by the year 2000," Natalie said with a laugh.

"Nat, that is definitely true love," Lori said defensively.

"We'll see," Natalie laughed.

Natalie smiled to herself. She was going on a date with Shane Walsh on Friday.

• • •