36

Bothered

Bothered

Natalie raised her eyebrows, licking her bottom lip frustratedly as she watched Shane help Andrea strip and clean her gun.

It was physically impossible for Shane Walsh to just help. He especially couldn't just help pretty women.

"Mind if I steal him for a minute?" Natalie asked, feigning politeness as she walked over to the picnic table where Shane and Andrea were sitting.

"Yeah, baby, we're done here," Shane said, standing up from the table and walking with Nat towards the cars.

"What the hell was that all about?" Natalie hissed.

"What?" Shane asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

Natalie rolled her eyes dramatically.

"Andrea," Natalie snapped, answering his question.

"I was just teaching her how to strip and clean a gun," Shane said harshly.

"Yeah, just like you taught me how to play pool. And taught me how to hold a football. And taught me how to bowl. And taught me how to use your handcuffs," Natalie snapped.

"If I remember correctly, every single time you taught me how to do something, we ended up naked," Natalie snapped.

"Jesus, Nat. Don't be a paranoid, jealous bitch," Shane snapped.

"Well, this paranoid, jealous bitch happens to be married to a psychotic manwhore, so I think that counts as an acceptable reason to be a bit worried," Natalie snapped.

"Psychotic, huh? You didn't seem to think I was psychotic last night," Shane said, biting his bottom lip gently.

"Screw you," Natalie snapped.

"You already did," Shane said, smirking.

"I hate you," Natalie hissed.

"No. You love me. If you didn't, you wouldn't be so pissed off right now," Shane said.

"God, you make this whole trying thing really hard," Natalie snapped.

"Well, you make me hard so I guess this makes us even then," Shane teased.

"You better be happy Herschel isn't letting us carry guns on the property," Natalie said harshly.

"I'm sure I'll make this whole thing up to you later," Shane said suggestively.

"Damn it, Shane!" Natalie exclaimed.

"It's shit like this that gets me all riled up! It's shit like this that makes me think that I must be a damn idiot! You screw my best friend and I get back together with you. You go on a run and come back a completely different person. I don't know what's wrong with me! Damn it, Shane Walsh. You're a bad habit that I couldn't break even if I wanted to," Natalie exclaimed in frustration.

Shane was silent for a long moment.

"So, what you're saying is that you don't want to break this habit," Shane said slowly, taking a step towards Natalie.

They were standing so close, Natalie could feel his breath on her skin, sending chills down her spine.

Shane just stood there, waiting, his face inches away from Natalie's.

"If you're gonna kiss me, stop screwing around and just do it," Natalie snapped, breathing heavily.

Shane leaned in to kiss her. At the last possible moment, he dodged her and stepped past her.

"I always liked leaving you hot and bothered," Shane said, walking off.

Natalie glared at him, her heart pounding and her breathing heavy.

"Damn it," Natalie muttered breathlessly.

Natalie licked her bottom lip, trying to decide if she was more pissed or more turned on.

Angry sex or hold out until he wants you so bad he ditches all his hoes, Natalie debated with herself.

Glenn came running up to Natalie, breaking her internal debate.

"Nat, you gotta come see this," Glenn said, panting.

"What's going on?" Natalie asked, panicked.

"There's a walker in the well," Glenn panted.

"Well, don't that seem like a health code violation?" Natalie teased.

"Just come on," Glenn said, running towards the well.

The pair ran to the well, meeting the rest of the group there.

Shane ran up to the well shortly after, making an appoint to stand next to Natalie.

They all peered into the deep well, laying their eyes on a large walker, stuck in the bottom of the well.

"Can't decide what's gonna be wetter. This waterlogged walker or you later," Shane whispered in Natalie's ear quietly, his lips grazing the skin on her ear.

Natalie gasped softly, trying not to bring attention to what just happened.

"I'm suddenly not feeling well. I'm gonna head back to the tents for a while. Let me know if you need my help with anything," Natalie said.

The group smiled at her gently.

A small smirk played on Shane's lips.

Natalie glared at him.

A little less than a half hour later, Shane opened the door of his tent, finding his wife completely naked inside.

"Remember the days when I used to leave you feeling hot and bothered in the morning and I'd come home from work and we'd find ourselves in a similar position," Shane said, biting his lip gently.

"Traditions are traditions," Natalie sighed.

Shane quickly crashed his lips onto Natalie's, unbuttoning his shirt.

"Let's get one thing straight," Natalie said breathlessly.

"For right now, this is as close as we're getting to trying. I tried to find a way to get over everything, but I can't. But I miss you and I've never liked depriving myself of things I want. So, I'll do my wifely duties, but don't expect me to stick around forever. The second I'm not feeling horny and lonely anymore, I'm gone. Okay?" Natalie said breathlessly.

"Deal," Shane said, his lips crashing into Natalie's again.

• • •