48

Wrong

Wrong

Sobs filled the air.

Natalie didn't want to look at the mass of dead people laying in front of her.

Everything felt wrong.

Beth ran forward, leaning over her mother, trying to find some way to revive her.

Suddenly, Annette reanimated-- they hadn't killed her.

The group sprang into action, trying to pull Beth away from the tight clutch of the walker.

Natalie sighed loudly, not wanting to do what she knew came next.

She stepped up behind them, not even making her presence known.

She quickly put a bullet in the walker's head, making the group jump in fright-- none of them had even seen her standing there.

"Is this what you wanted, Shane?" Natalie hissed, glaring at him for a short moment before storming away from the barn.

She sat down in Glenn's tent, tears streaming silently down her face.

A little while later, she heard shouting and arguing coming from the porch of the farmhouse.

She climbed out of the tent, jogging towards the commotion.

Herschel was being led inside the door by his daughters.

"I mean it-- off my land," Herschel ordered, his voice hoarse from shouting.

Rick started shouting at Shane.

Natalie walked between the two men, looking at Rick.

"It's okay, Ricky. I've got this one. You can shout at him later. It's my turn," Natalie said with an angry sigh.

Rick nodded and stormed off to find his wife and son.

"What the hell was that?" Natalie shouted.

"What were you thinking?" Natalie shouted.

"I'm gon' protect this group," Shane said blankly.

"You're psychotic," Natalie snapped.

"And you're a bitch," Shane snapped.

Every time he called her that, it broke her heart a little. Before the world ended, he would've never spoken to her like that. Before everything went to shit, he would've never spoken ill of her or been rude to her. But now, it seemed like every time he spoke to her it was to tear her down.