38

Chores

Chores

The Next Morning

"Remind me again why you have to sleep in my tent?" Glenn asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.

"Because you and Dixon are the only ones I can tolerate right now and frankly Daryl Dixon is slightly terrifying, so you were my best option," Natalie said, throwing her hair into a high ponytail.

"But why can't you just sleep with your husband?" Glenn asked groggily.

"God, Glenn. I explained all this last night. Did you even listen? Shane and I are over. I'm just having sex with him because I'm lonely," Natalie explained again, nonchalant.

"That sounds like a recipe for disaster," Glenn muttered.

"How would you know about recipes? You only delivered pizzas. You didn't cook 'em," Natalie teased, hitting Glenn gently with a pillow.

"Yeah, yeah," Glenn sighed.

"Just promise me you'll be careful. I don't want you to get hurt again," Glenn sighed.

"You can't get hurt if you don't put your heart out there," Natalie said simply.

"For your sake, I hope that's true," Glenn said, walking out of the tent.

"Tell Maggie I said hello," Natalie teased, calling out to him from inside the tent.

Natalie didn't have to see Glenn to know he was blushing uncontrollably.

Natalie climbed out of the tent and started walking towards Carol who was just starting to wash the laundry.

"Good morning," Carol said cheerfully.

"You sound awful chipper," Natalie teased, wondering what had Carol in such a good mood.

"Ah, it's nothing," Carol said, waving her hand dismissively.

"Okay," Natalie sighed.

"Need any help?" Natalie asked, picking up a t-shirt from the pile of dirty laundry.

"Thanks," Carol said with a smile.

The two women washed the clothes and started hanging them on the clothesline.

"I wonder why Lori's still sleeping," Carol sighed.

Natalie shrugged, not wanting to talk about Lori.

As if on cue, Lori walked out of her tent quickly, coming over to the clothesline.

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear," Natalie muttered.