Chapter 8

Sincere Harris

I ran my hands through my freshly slayed hair, being very contempt with the color that was now placed on it. This was exactly what I should have gotten from the beginning, and I was definitely in love with myself. My facial expressions changed as I made different faces while flexing with my new style, and I was more than satisfied.

"You are really slaying that shit.", Ju laughed, finally with her hair being complete. I was loving the snowy purple she had, and it was definitely an edgy look for her.

"No, you're slaying that damn purple. I could never pull it off.", I laughed, playing with the wand curls she had within her hair.

"Yeah, but I know you can pull off a red. Next month you should try a red.", she said, playing with my loose waves within my hair.

"Can I borrow your phone really quick to call Jayceon?", I asked, giving her a smile.

She nodded before reaching for her purse, handing her iPhone 7 Plus over to me. Grasping the large phone within my hands, I began to dial his number and waited patiently on him to answer the phone. A few rings went by before the sound of Future came blasting into my ear drum. Mentally rolling my eyes, I made a notion in my brain to bother him about his music for the next week.

"Wassup suh?", his baritone voice came through the phone as the music in the background was lowered.

"Hey, you and Kaylani need to get dressed. We're going to a family gathering tonight.", I checked the time using the digital clock displayed on the wall in Unique Beauticians. "I'll be there in about twenty minutes."

"Alright, I'll help Kaylani get herself together."

We said our goodbyes and I ended the call before handing Ju her phone back. She placed it back within its rightful place of her purse, and we both headed to the front of the salon to pay. Removing the crisp three hundred dollars from my purse, I paid the lady at the front desk, sending her my best regards. Once Julianna and I were both safely placed within the front seats of my car, I drove off, heading to drop her home.

"So, what you getting into tonight?", she asked, typing away on her phone.

"Girl nothing. Mama Gina want me to come to a little family dinner at Bre's house."

"I'll be sliding through there once I get home and change. Choppy finally wants me to meet the family.", she laughed, causing me to give her a glare.

Everyone already knew of Julianna, but what they didn't know was that she was Choppy's ol' lady. They've been together for going on six months now, but no one knew. Overall, they achieved hiding their relationship, but I don't blame them. Keeping shit behind closed doors keeps people out your damn business, and I couldn't be happier for my girl.

"They shouldn't be too surprised.", I stated, letting off a chuckle.

Within the next few minutes, I was parked outside of her house. We said our quick goodbyes and then parted ways as I headed for my own home. I cut the radio up as I drove on the long road to get to my house. The time was going on five o'clock, but knowing how Mama Gina operate, ain't none of that damn food ready.

Pulling in front of the house, I made sure to get everything out before heading into the house. I went directly up the stairs and into Kaylani's room, where she was fully dressed and ready to go.

"I see you're on that ankle.", I said, laughing a little.

"Yeah, I can walk straight and the swelling has definitely gone down. I'm happy because that means I can start back dancing soon.", she smiled.