Chapter 22

Sincere Harris

My feet pattered on the marble flooring of the large home as I traveled through the house, in search of the kitchen. Everything from yesterday was a blur, and it was hard finding my way around this extra large house. My grey tights hugged my bottom half as my hoodie hugged my top half and some house booties covered my feet. Virginia was definitely a lot cooler than Miami in the winter, but luckily, I was mentally prepared for this.

"Good morning hunny bunches. How'd you sleep?", my nana was up bright and in delight as she stood by the island, making breakfast.

From the looks of everything laid on on the counter, she was making some French toast, bacon, sausage and hashbrowns. I smiled as I was excited to have a home cooked meal that I didn't have to slave over the stove for.

"I slept okay. Definitely had to adjust to my surroundings.", I smiled back, taking a seat on one of the stools that were placed under the island.

"I understand sweetheart. We have a lot to tell you today, and some things to get through. Believe it or not, your father knew his time was coming, and he had a plan for you all. It took us forever to find you. We were supposed to do this when you turned eighteen, so everyone had to hold off. He left behind some things and legally, we could not get ahold of them until every one of his children were present. Today, his attorney and your two sisters will come together to view his will and what he decided to leave you all.", she spoke in a very serious tone, making a sympathetic eye contact with me.

"That's crazy. I didn't know much about my father's personal life to know what all he left behind, but I do know that he was involved in some illegal circumstances.", I mentioned, being just as serious as she was.

"Exactly. I'm convinced my son has been hiding a lot more than what we think he has, but we'll find out in the next four hours. His attorney will be here at one. Until then, don't stress it darling. I don't like what he did to you, Jayceon or Kaylani. He knew that God damn Tasha wasn't going to take care of y'all how she should have. She was an addict before he met her, he put that sparkle in her eye and made her hold off on the drugs, but the minute he passed, it's like you all fell off the face of the Earth. Every time I would call her to try and check on y'all, she would make up some stupid excuse. I'm so sorry Sincere.", she said, with that wrinkle in her forehead that I get when I'm mentally disturbed.

"It's not your fault. My father's gone now, and there's nothing I can do to change the past. All we can do is move past all of this and continue on with our future, which I would really love my Nana to be apart of.", I smiled a cheesy smile, causing her to crack a small laugh. She embraced me into a hug as I did the same, knowing this lady was all too legit.

"Nana will always be here for you baby, don't ever forget that.", she pulled away, facing me before kissing my cheek.

Time breezed by as everyone in the house slowly began to wake. Nana and I finished the breakfast and began setting the table, awaiting for everyone to come together. After last night's New Years festivities, the only ones that were in the house were my Nana, Papa, Harmony, Jayceon, Kaylani and I. We all sat at the table, as the food sat nicely, waiting to be passed around.

"So Kaylani, did you enjoy yesterday?", Nana asked, as Kaylani nodded her head in agreement.

Yesterday was her birthday, December 31st and she finally turned 16. Due to the fact that we had to come here, I couldn't throw her a party, plus she got everything she wanted for Christmas, but Nana had a surprise waiting for her that none of us knew about. She had a large cake and a tiara placed upon her head as everyone sung her happy birthday. It was a very sweet gesture.