Chapter 37

Deandre Martin

Feeling the sunlight gleam in my face from the shining of daylight didn't cause me to scrunch my face, but it caused me to smile. After being locked in those cells, it felt good to feel sunlight hit my face, to feel her body pressed against mine and to feel my baby girl kicking on the inside. I peered down at her face as a few light snores left her mouth. She looked peaceful, but all in all, she looked happy and that's all a nigga could want. I sent a kiss to her forehead as she moved closer into me, leaving me to just lay there in thought. In all honesty, I couldn't ask for a better woman, a better family or a better lifestyle. I may not be the richest man and my money may not be the cleanest, but I love everything right now. Everything is everything.

"Stop starin' at me.", she mumbled, placing her face into the crook of my neck, trying to drift back off into sleep.

"I love you.", I mumbled.

"I love you too.", she stated, shifting a little bit.

"She aggravatin' you?", I asked, referring to my baby girl.

"A little bit. I'll have contractions from here and there, but she's never been this excited in the morning.", she said, finally rising up, scratching her head.

"She's happy because daddy's home.", I said, smirking as she just sucked her teeth, trying her hardest to get out of bed. Seeing how difficult it was for her honestly made me feel bad because she's been having to get through everything on her own.

Rising from the bed, I walked over to her side, helping her on to her feet and she gripped her side as if she were in pain. Lil ma wouldn't calm down on the kicking and I know it's bugging her. We both made our way into the bathroom to start our hygiene routines, and of course, the process was just as it was before.

"Alright mama, can you calm down for me please?", she asked, rubbing her stomach.

It had to be the cutest shit I've seen, and me being the person I am, I haven't seen much cute shit in my lifetime. Watching her rub her stomach and talk to my daughter had me feeling a new type of feeling, some shit that I'm not used too. I felt like a pussy, but it was a good feeling to sit and watch her. I know she's going to be an amazing mother to my baby girl and an even more amazing role model. I'm looking forward to the journey ahead of us.

"You good?", I asked, rubbing the sides of her stomach after placing my toothbrush away.

"Yes.", she smiled up at me, standing onto her tippy toes to kiss my lips. "What are we doing today?"

"Baby shower shit. It's Tuesday, and I want this shower to be Friday night baby. We don't have anymore time to spare."

"You're right. I've been thinking of names, but I don't know if you'll like them or not.", she said, fiddling with her fingers.

"Lemme hear em'?", I said, grabbing her hand for us to head downstairs. I want to start on breakfast so we can eat with the kids before they have to head to school. I want their morning to start off right.

"Kaia and Leilani.", she said, as I nodded my head in approval.

"I like Kaia for a first name.", I agreed.

"I was thinking the same, but I don't want to hog up her entire name, so you can come up with a middle.", she said, as we headed into the kitchen.

"I like Rose and Arianna.", I stated, shrugging.

"Kaia Rose Martin or Kaia Arianna Martin. I say we have a vote at the baby shower.", she mentioned, beginning to pull pots and pans out to start on breakfast.