Chapter 23

Sincere Harris

I pushed the door to Dre's bedroom open as he was on my tail, shutting the door behind us. Placing my hair into a ponytail, I prepared to take a shower, heading for his bathroom. I hadn't exchanged any words with him since I'd made it back and I'd dropped Kaylani and Jayceon off to Juliana's house for the night, just so I could spend time with him. This real issue is that my mind is flustered. I mean, I'm positive yours would be too if for many years you thought your father was dead, just to find out that he faked his entire death and has been in prison since he disappeared. Removing my shirt from my body, I tossed it to the floor, followed by my bottoms. He barged into the bathroom as I began unhooking my bra, causing me to mentally roll my eyes.

"Come hea'.", he said, opening his arms to me as I looked at him very skeptical. Lord knows I wanted to just puddle into his arms, but it's so much going on, my body won't cooperate with my mind. Slowly, I made my way into his arms as his body caressed mine, making me feel safe and secure. "What's wrong baby, talk ta' me?"

He lifted my body and sat me on the bathroom counter before walking in between my legs so we could be face to face. My head dropped slowly as I fiddled with my fingers, causing him to raise my chin with his index finger. He tilted his head to the side slightly as if he was trying to read my expression.

"He's not dead.", I said, as one lone tear dropped from my eye, traveling slowly down my face as my lips quivered. This was worst than the pain I felt a week ago, but people just insist on hurting me.

"Yo' pops not dead?", he asked, with a confused expression.

I nodded my head as I attempted to use my hands to cover my facial expressions. I could feel it in my chest this pain of being lied to constantly. It never fails for a man in my life to hurt me, and he was supposed to be the one to never do that, but here I was, crying the tears I thought I'd never have to cry.

"So where he at?", Dre asked, rubbing his hands over my sides, in attempts to calm my nerves. I could feel my body shaking to his touch, and I couldn't be placed at ease right now.

"Some maximum security prison in Colorado.", I stated, shaking my head slightly.

"Damn, he must've committed a few murders or some shit, 'dey only send big shots to ADX. What did he do?"

"He probably got caught up on all the dirty work he was doing. My father was Santiago Harris, maybe that name rings a bell in your book.", I looked up at him, noticing the look on his face as he stared back at me. His expression didn't change much, but he stared at me in a strange way. I rose an eyebrow at him, confused at his gestures.

"You gotta' be bullshittin' ma.", he said, looking into my eyes with a serious expression.

I shook my head, letting him know that I was all too serious right now. He shook his head also, biting his bottom lip as he went into his thinking mode. His grasp on me grew tighter as he sat and just looked at me. My curiosity rose as to what he could possibly be thinking about, but I'm not sure if I really want to know right now.

"You must know something I don't know.", I said.

"Yeah, a lot. Look, take yo' showa' and we'll talk lata'. I have some shit to handle.", he stated, kissing my cheek afterwards.

"No, please don't leave me.", I said, pouting, but I was more than serious in this moment. I just wanted to be with him and no one else. His love was all I needed to fill this void that I had in my heart.