Chapter 12

Deandre Martin

The tall building gleamed as I locked my car doors, heading inside to nothing, but pink and gold. I'd never been to a pageant before, but I guess it's a first time for everything. I retrieved my phone from my pocket to call Sincere, figuring that they were probably back stage getting ready. The bag of materials she wanted me to pick up on the way were securely in my left hand, as I held my phone up with my right.

"Hello?", she picked up the phone and seemed to be tired as hell, breathing into the phone.

"Yeah, where y'all at?", I walked further into the building and through the second set of doors, revealing nothing but young girls, mothers and a few awaiting men already seated for the pageant.

"Take the back stage door on the left and I'll meet you in that hall. If anyone asks who you are, tell them you're with Kaylani. They're really big on security here.", she voiced through the phone as muffling noises were being made from constant movement.

"Aight ma.", I ended the called and placed my phone back into my pocket before following her directions.

By the time I made it into the hallway of the stage door, I ran into many mothers and young high school girls prepping for this pageant. I was tired of people bumping into me, so aggravated wasn't even the word. Finally making it through half the hallway back stage, I came face to face with the goddess herself, and may I say, she looked good as ever.

It's something new for me when every time I see this girl, I have to keep the big man from getting too excited

It's something new for me when every time I see this girl, I have to keep the big man from getting too excited. Lil mama just do something to me, but I can tell it's all mutual. Them hips on her keep a nigga geeked out, and them lip just have me feening to see her. I've never been this fucked up over a female, not even the one I used to have waiting for me at home.

"Hey.", she smiled at me, as I pulled her body into an embrace, gripping that ass like it's mine.

"Wassup' ma?", I pulled away from her, handing her the bag of materials she asked for, causing an even wider smile to spread upon her face.

"Thank you so much.", she dug into the back pocket of her cocaine white pants, removing a twenty dollar bill. Her crisp nails held it out to me. "For the stuff."

"Nah ma, keep 'dat.", I waved my hand out in denial, but she just continued to look at me with the money out.

"No Dre, I have to pay you back, and the extra is the gas money you spent to get here.", she said, continuing to hold the twenty out.

"Look shawty, my bank roll ain't shit but a G thang. You ain't gotta' pay me back fa' shit. Matta' fact, when you wimme, don't even bring ya' wallet.", I gave her a straight face to imply my seriousness within those statements.

She released a sigh before placing the twenty back into her pocket. I smirked at her, knowing that I'd won this little altercation and her pout only made me want to snatch her ass up into one of these bathrooms around here.